Notices

Make it through to Monday Weekender Sept 9th Part 1

Old 09-08-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

The B man is doing a bunk. That was one tough afternoon with some tricky punters. Did not have the resilience to deal with it!

In the past, I would have driven home now via the off license. Purchased some alcohol. Hey, I have a tough day, I deserve it. I would have drunk it all and stewed in anger or engaged in chemically induced narcissistic delusions of omnipotence. Then in the morning, I would wake sick and hungover, dragging myself into work, hiding and avoiding, anxiety coursing through my body like electricity. Hey, I'm hungover, I'll solve that by drinking all weekend. Wasted morning, days, and nights, until Monday, repeat.

Not now. I'm going to go home and enjoy the company of my partner and son, grateful for everything I have.

And get an early night!

B
Old 09-08-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good thinking Ken
Old 09-08-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My greatest wish at this moment in time is that I wish I had a mother whom I could actually talk to and share my feelings with, without her losing the plot altogether, acting like a psycho and generally making life hell for people around her (my dad).

From now on I shall stick to asking her about the weather. Small talk about things of no substance that I really don't care about.

The thing about my mother is that she is like that nursery rhyme "when she was good, she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid".

Yeah I'm feeling guilty now. Plus I have a go visit this weekend. At least I've paid my rent so I have my little bachelorette pad to return to on Sunday night
Old 09-08-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In!

I shall scour all restaurant menus for potatoes LBrain

I have Friday off but my boss seems affronted that I am taking my leave entitlement. Tough

In years gone by I would have started drinking by now and would spend my day off recovering from a hangover before starting drinking again

Not now, I'm off to Goodwood tomorrow (classic car malarky)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the Weekenders thread Mcribb and Elle126
Old 09-08-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Count me in Sober Weekenders!!

Hope you don't mind Ken, I wanted to mention we now have a thread started in the Cafe for anyone looking for some NFL fun, with this being opening weekend.

The good news for anyone who struggles with football, there will be plenty of Sober NFL fans watching this season here on SR!!

Everyone is welcome!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2016-17-a.html
Old 09-08-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Isn't it a little bit sad that at the age of almost 36 I still wish I had a different mother?
I see these people in shops, restaurants and bars all around town. Mothers and daughters having "girly" shopping trips or a bonding session over glasses of "vino" and I wish I had that. Without the vino obviously.
But why do we yearn for things we never had? I never want to do anything with my mother. I go out on trips with her out of duty and because sometimes I feel my dad could do with having the house to himself.
I don't even like it when she tries to be nice and hugs me. My therapist said that's to be expected because I don't trust her after everything that happened and he is probably right.

On a nicer topic I went to see my friend last night. They invited me to stay over and gave me a lift to work this morning. We are thinking of going on a weekend trip next month so I can celebrate the big 3-6 in style.

Because y'know...All those years I spent living with my parents wishing I had a life. And now I do!!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

David - Double 'Oh' - Sao, and the classic Racing Cars at Goodwood, do kinda go together, eh?

- Goodwood Motorsport Weekend -

- 'I'm In Love With My Car' ~ Queen -

Locally-made Tamales for a pending Meal while watching a Travel Program. A U.K. Host visiting Slab City in the SoCal Desert.

- Slab City Pix -

RV Trailer clean-up later [not much to be done], and then unpack the Truck Bed. Fab Weather through next Tuesday...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Because y'know...All those years I spent living with my parents wishing I had a life. And now I do!!

This!!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

This is an interview with David Bowie that I happened upon and it was interesting. He stated that he was an alcoholic and why he wouldn't drink. It's worth listening to.

As is "I'm In Love With My Car." Thanks, Mesa.

Behan, Good for you going home and spending time with your family. I hope you can get rest this evening.

Is potatoes LBrain like O'Brien Potatoes?

Have fun at Goodwood Sao.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

This is going to be my first full weekend. Wow. Saturday nights would normally be hard for me, but I have other plans that will throw off my normal routine and make it extremely difficult to drink. I have already lost some weight also, and I haven't finished day 4 yet. I do feel tired and dehydrated...but I have been sick for the past two days also. Double whammy I guess. Anyway...here's to a sober weekend!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome to weekenders, Powerflower!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Powerflower congratulations on 4 days

Ruby - instead of the thin white duke I got an ad for sprite (which kinda worked, I just poured myself a diet tonic and lime)
Old 09-08-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I love that UK vernacular. ...going to bunk to get away from the punters... hahahaha

potatoes LBrain? diced potatoes 'fried' in olive oil - just enough oil to cover the pan - when taters are almost done, add diced onion and anaheim/banana peppers and stir in to finish cook... a bit of a twist to O'Brien taters... gives it a little bite, I've used jalapenos as well, but my favorite is anaheims... the long green hot peppers

fill a tall glass with ice, add a little lemon fizzy water, top with tea and stir...

it's almost 95F. I cleaned up and put all of my tools in the garage, only thing left for me to do is paint a couple boards after the construction adhesive sets a little more... it definitely takes longer when using leftovers to complete something... like making a true1X4(3.5) using the table saw...

3 ice teas and 3 pringles snack packs down the hatch... later
Old 09-08-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks for the Goodwood link MesaMan, I am going to the Goodwood Revival. My car (a 1966 Lancia) just qualifies as it is for vehicles dating from '48 to '66

Slab City looks interesting, I Googled it, I would not be keen on those summer temp of 120F +
Old 09-08-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Welcome powerflower!

Is it classic car malarkey or classic car shenanigans?? Hmmm... Either way have fun Sao!

Crud I forgot Pringles at the store thanks for reminder Brain

Tetra...acceptance has been key for me. Some things (or people ) just aren't going to change. I know that now and don't expect them to and that keeps stress about them to a minimum. When you've got no expectations you can't be disappointed!

PB on slice of wheat for lunch. Doesn't get better than that! Xo
Old 09-08-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome Powerflower!!

Let us know how you are doing or if you need anything!

Ken
Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sao ~

Yah, the abandoned WW II Desert Training Base that now constitutes Slab City is in the 'Low' Desert. Fun_KAY area in parts. Nice in others. Insufferably hot in Summer, so we'd hit that general area during other Seasons when I was a Wee One.

Just 'up the Road' in Coachella Valley, at the Indio Polo Club, is this Mega Concert I've mentioned. The Gent who owns the Company that Graveled our Driveway is going to this Desert Trip Show. My Jaw hit the Concrete in the Farm & Ranch Store when he told me this recently. He looks just like a Character off Duck Dynasty. He also went to Burning Man last Year. A reminder to not judge a Book...

- Desert Trip -

Here's some Retro Goodwood Links, Brynn...

- Goodwood Retro -
Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

big diff between shenanigans and malarkey...

and speaking of both...
I can say I am finally FINISHED! Put the last bit of touch up paint on some wood...
I guess adjust the stone volume at some point or possible 'flooring' of some sort, hanging flower baskets and the blinds that are needed...
she shot down my wind chimes... but I may sneak some in... if I can find any at a yard sale... all that's truly needed is to squirrel proof the bird feeders...
drum roll.............................................. ...............................................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9.8.16a.JPG (94.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

cozy setting...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9.8.16d.JPG (95.1 KB, 43 views)