Notices

New but not new

Old 09-04-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New but not new

I'm stuck in this cycle. I drink but know better, but drinking feels better than doing better feels. I want more but I can't seem to get there. No I don't have a plan for recovery, no I don't know what is next.
I am glad I can come here and read the positive words of the successful. I hope no one condemns me for my failures. I have many. But I do have hope.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

LC if you want things to change you need to do it differently. It does not always feel good at first but there are benefits in the long run. Hope you find a way.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back LifeChanges

Noones going to condemn you - we will try to get you to come over to our side of the street though

D
Old 09-05-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi LC,

No one here is going to condemn you for your so-called failures because we have all been where you are now. A plan for recovery is a must, and you will be ready to find and implement that plan when you are finally ready to put the old life behind you for good. As many people on SR have said, you have to get to the point where you want to be sober more than you want to drink. When that happens, you will be able to push through the discomfort of the first few weeks and arrive at a place where sobriety is not only comfortable, but desirable. Until then, try not to be too hard on yourself and hang on to that hope. And keep posting!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi When your ready your ready & know were always here keep reading SR has a wealth of knowledge
Old 09-05-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. Your name says it all, LifeChanges. Life does change and so will yours. It's up to you.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi LifeChange, been in your shoes. I wasn't really serious about quitting till my husband filed for divorce. Then I got my butt to rehab. Best thing I ever did (though I balked at going for a long time....) I don't do AA or 12 Steps but I'm almost 11 months sober. You'll do it when the price of drinking becomes too steep. I'm upset that I waited that long.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Life Changes! You can do this, it took me a few times before I got it right. I had brief periods of sobriety followed by failed attempts at moderation.

On NYE I decided I was done, and I have been sober for a little over 8 months now. Life still throws curve balls, but you learn to deal with them sober. My physical and mental health is so much better, and I look forward to many sober years to come.

Spend some time reading and posting on here. Join the September class. Do whatever you need to not to drink today. Then tomorrow, so the same just for tomorrow. I promise it gets easier.

You can do this!!!