Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 2

Old 09-05-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

For Suze! Coming to look for America!

You're coming to visit some of the SR family? It will be great to hear more of your journey when it gets here. Five weeks? It'll go fast.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Weas, I'd say go check out the Rally. I'm really enjoying going to AA picnics this summer. I know you're not AA but it's a nice sober vibe to be around other people in the same boat.

LadyB, you sound like a dynamo. What a great thing to volunteer for. I'll keep my ears open for sobriety inspirational quotes.

Behan, glad the little guy is on the mend. He's coming up on a year in a couple of months. Time flies!

The heat is coming back just in time for the return to school and the closing of the beaches. Kids in for a rude awakening tomorrow. It's almost 9 and they're still asleep. Tomorrow it's 6 a.m. rise and shine! It'll be bad for me but I'll survive.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, SoberClover!
Old 09-05-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Venecia, thanks for that song. It's a good one but it brought to mind James Brown for some reason. How's your mom doing today?
Old 09-05-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I love how we weekenders help each other out. Gives me all the feels.
Same here. When I was waiting in the family room for the results of Mom's procedure, Marty sent a supportive text. I got the feels from it. Thanks, Marty!

Hope Lady and Ken can get together!

Ruby, the years go by quickly. Another first day of school for your kids!

No such thing as a bad Burma Shave! Glad to hear little Finn is doing better.

Midnight, hugs.

Just got out of the shower and enjoying some coffee before heading to the hospital. I wish Mom didn't have to be there. It's hard on her, particularly the lack of sleep because of tests, being in a strange place, etc. Yesterday, she was administered Versed and Fentanyl for the endoscopy and it left her system slowly. She tried to pull off her leads and remove her IVs so she could, as she told the nurses, "go for a walk." They put alarms on her bed and kept the door open (she's right across from the nurses' station). Hopefully, today will find her a little more lucid.

Still, there's much for which to be grateful, especially since the procedure yesterday seems to have solved the immediate problem. To quote our own Sage of the Rockies, sending thanks skyward.

Have a good day/evening/night, everyone!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Venecia, hopefully today is a better day for your mom and she can rest. Hospitals aren't havens for slumber.

Making breakfast for my son. A grilled cheese sandwich. Then off to the grocery store to get the few things i forgot for their lunches.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning and Happy Labor Day y'all! Are we considered rogues today since it's a holiday weekend?

Venny...so glad to hear some good news about your mom! Hang in there

Lol Behan! Mesa better watch out, you're Burma Shave was excellent!
xo
Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((mb)))
Old 09-05-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
So much easier to clean up and not grease splatters on the stove top. I sit two raised grates on a cookie sheet and spray with PAM. perfect every time.
Awesome! I much prefer this because I hate cooking bacon- for the reasons you just said- the splatter and clean up.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I will look that up. I need to get some sober friends and this might be a good way to do that.
I need more sober friends too.
I'm noticing it more and more that I need that.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Venny I hope your ma feels better today- my mom also didn't take to the hospital very well xo

Not much for me today- making another slow cooker pot roast! ha
Finish some painting, river walk, clean my car and force myself to go to work this evening.
I managed to go back to sleep for a little while which was good.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Ahem...

Roses are red
When Life is you, frickin'
Just look out your Car
Not coated with Chicken

Burma Shave

Great one, Behan! I been slackin' on my Robert Frost-quality Rhymes! Um, not!

This Campground is flipping over. Labor Day Warriors packin' out. The Reservation Cards on the lil Campsite Posts show new Folks comin' in; some for a Week stay. Temps are 70 F [21 C] & 42 F [5 C], with early signs of Aspen Leaves changing. Weather shuts down this Campground in 3 Weeks. The Mesa_nator sez: 'I'll be back'! I can see why Campground Reviews peg this Site at earning 4.8 of 5 possible Stars Rating.

I'm thinkin' I'll pick a Destination today, and take a Cruise to hike somewhere safe with MesaDog. I've set aside tomorrow as the off-peak Day to hit the Train Museum, and have some Geek Fun there.

Ven ~ Very glad to hear of your Mom improving. My Mom hung on for ~1.5 Years after a massive Stroke, so there's just not much upside to me sharing that Story here. Lotsa Empathy from here, I assure you.

One Third Party 'Charmer' working Medicare at the Hospital told me my Mom was leaving the Hospital after 3 Days, and 'she didn't care if she wound up in a Wheelchair on the Sidewalk at Midnight' [due to no empty Beds in local Nursing Homes]. Fortunately for this utterly-worthless, stereotypical Big Momma, my Concealed Carry Permit good in Colorado was not honored reciprocally in California.

If a Person is looking for justifications to Drink, the Bureaucrazy endemic to looking after Parents was on my time-tested Short List.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Nothing says Labor Day like Cheetos and pickles for lunch lol!

I miss being out on the lake for summer holidays. I don't miss being on a boat full of drunk water skiers and wannabes, though! I cringe thinking about how many close calls we had and just how lucky we were that no one was ever seriously injured or killed. I still associate the lake with heavy drinking and drugging so it's a no-go zone for the foreseeable future.

The plastic engine shield (?) thingy under my car is hanging by a thread! I blame those stupid concrete barrier things in parking lots! Pretty sure it's not covered under warranty bummer! First world problems as our weekender guru would say.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Aspen trees in fall are my very favorite! The leaves are like jewelry, they're so dangly and delicate! Have fun at the train museum, Mesa!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Good morning world!

Junior seems on the mend. We gave Mrs B a lie in. Laundry done, breakfast done, groceries done.

Happy Labor Day!!!!

Ahem.....

Wolfies birthday is actually in May
And K is happy this labor day
and why you ask, this change of tone,
because his car is not covered in chicken bones!!!

Bad burma shave!
LOL! Excellent Behan

I did think when I was posting "i'm sure Soberwolf's birthday wasn't a year ago" but my brain cells are all turned to yoghurt so I just blindly copied somebody else like I always do (it saves having to think for myself)

I hope all those whom it concerns is having a good Labor day

Good to see you here Venuscat (Suze). The song is for everyone of course but with you in mind

The boss had to go to the high Court today as a witness to some financial fraud so I have been in charge in his absence, as you can imagine it has been chaos, I had to go to the toiled a couple of times just to escape. Fortunately it is only for today

Old 09-05-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
The plastic engine shield (?) thingy under my car is hanging by a thread! I blame those stupid concrete barrier things in parking lots! Pretty sure it's not covered under warranty bummer! First world problems as our weekender guru would say.
Splash Guard or Sump Guard? They are fairly cheap for most popular makes of car Brynn - UK <£50 (+fitting)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Back in 2012 I named myself this because I really did think I was Hell Bound. ..............

................ not any more.
Good stuff WB!

Right i'm off home
Old 09-05-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks Sao! I looked up the part and it's fairly inexpensive... hope the labor charges aren't outrageous.

I've tried hiding in the bathroom at work, too, but they always find me lol! Glad your day as head honcho is over!!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Don't get the part replaced at the dealer brynn!!! Maybe ask around to see if anyone knows a good mechanic in your area.
Also, they may try and get you to have other work done while you are there.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 80 (permalink)