Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I don't plead the 5th your Honor, everything I am about to confess is the truth!

Notices

I don't plead the 5th your Honor, everything I am about to confess is the truth!

Old 09-03-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I am one lonely Bug. I want to talk to someone but I don't really have anyone to talk to. I write a lot in my blog while I am feeling this way. But it gets lonely when you have withdrawn from friends in active addiction or driven them away with nastiness that only came out when drunk. I did this to myself.

I have a husband and he doesn't want to talk about recovery. He is sick of it. Plus he is busy wit his own things. My kids are only 7 and 8 and all they want to talk abut is Minecraft. We are home bodies so no couple friends. I work in engineering and have only a couple women to talk to at work and we don't interact outside work.

So now I am all bummed out. I know there are action steps to change this, but that doesn't help my whiny butt right now.

I am open on PM if anyone is interested.

Ok pathetic self-pity moment over.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're down today Bug. I'm sure there'll be no shortage of people to talk to here, in chat or by PM tho.

I hope tomorrow is better

D
Old 09-03-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I was feel great this morning but by the afternoon the Neverending rain started again (it is hurricane season in FL) so I am cooped up with cabin fever. Fun times!
Old 09-03-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just think.. lonliness is a state of mind. Imagine what adults of 7/8 year olds had prior to internet, or to TV for that matter.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I am sorry you are feeling lonely LB, I didn't feel it but I was actually lonelier when I drank which was usually on my own, but the booze masked it for a while

Although it won't happen overnight I am sure you will slowly increase you network as sobriety becomes the norm and you are able to connect with other sober people

Good luck to you