Notices

My experience today with the actual content 🌞

Old 08-31-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My experience today with the actual content 🌞

I wanted to share something that happened today on my way home.. I took the wrong bus home today, only for a second did I realize my mistake and trekked back to catch the original bus that I missed. Before I left whole foods today I bought a bottle of essentia water and a mini cake to celebrate My husbands last day of his job and to welcome a new career for him.. So anyway, I missed the bus and thought to myself, the universe is sending me a message! I sat out for almost an hour waiting for the bus, another lady started waiting.. She coughed and coughed. I gave her my water unopened. Was that it!?! Mm.... I don't think so. Lady got on bus and left. I felt good about helping her, but.. Then my bus finally arrived! I get on and the only seat was a single seat just 1 seat away from a very familiar looking couple. A woman who I always recognize at whole foods for shoplifting and her accomplice man friend. They are in their 50s and the last time I saw them I was in a bit of a moral dilemma. The night before I was listening to Ram Dass talk about how we were all one, and all that good stuff.. The next day I come into work all filled up with this goodie goop and ready to be a good and hardy person ready to except all.. Then this crack addict walks in and I know she and her guy are stealing. I know, I because I have seen them do this time and time again.. I CANT IDENTIFY WITH THEM!!! ( I scream in my head although I was probably hung over or planning my next bottle of wine at the time) It was a moral disaster!! Flash back to the bus.. Her hair, it wasn't a tangled mess, it was in a braid, her conversation.. She was excidedly reading an article to her man friend... The article was on addiction recovery. My heart melted. We all hurt and go to dark places, but we all deep down have hope too. Hope you don't mind the long winded redone post, but I got home and looked up life ring meetings, planned out next week, and yet again, asked my husband for his support. Lucky me, he loves me.. Especially when the brutal honesty comes out. I am an addict too. Love to you all..
Old 09-01-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a wonderful story, GG! Our most difficult struggle is often not with the world but with ourselves, and our prejudices. Sometimes it's difficult to see yourself in other people but you're so right- we all are one in our pain and struggles. It's easy to write people off but then it's easy to write ourselves off, too.

Hope really is the cure, no matter what the problem.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

simply awesome!
Old 09-01-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
simply awesome!
I feel the same way 😆
Old 09-01-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Uplifting morning read Garden Girl , Love and peace to you .
Old 09-01-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs. Love. And of coarse light to you Tom. 🐞🌈🌻
Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wanted to share a great quote from Stephen Colberts role in a movie called "strangers with candy", "if wishes and buts were clusters of nuts, than we'd all have a bowl of granola"����
Old 09-01-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Garden Girl View Post
Then my bus finally arrived! I get on and the only seat was a single seat just 1 seat away from a very familiar looking couple. A woman who I always recognize at whole foods for shoplifting and her accomplice man friend. They are in their 50s and the last time I saw them I was in a bit of a moral dilemma. The night before I was listening to Ram Dass talk about how we were aI know, I because I have seen them do this time and time again.. I CANT IDENTIFY WITH THEM!!! ( I scream in my head although I was probably hung over or planning my next bottle of wine at the time) It was a moral disaster!! Flash back to the bus.. ...She was excidedly reading an article to her man friend... The article was on addiction recovery. My heart melted. We all hurt and go to dark places, but we all deep down have hope too. I am an addict too. Love to you all..
Your story touched me- I went through a HUGE and longish term shoplifting phase; I even got caught and arrested and didn't stop. This makes me wonder who "knew" and didn't say anything or turn me in! I got myself caught instead.

Great perspective- and compassion- we all do indeed have our darkness-es, and we can all get out.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi - in my desperate, sad last days of booze and pills, I shoplifted booze too. Oh, the places we go, under the
influence. Thank you for the thought provoking post
Old 09-01-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mmmm. Mmmmm.. Graced and August.... We are here now though, and isn't it sweet? so so glad we are. ������ I think my lowest part of this was my hypocracy. I am thinking of that woman today, I hope she is doing well.. Thinking if all of you and hoping you are well ❤️❤️❤️
Old 09-01-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or more soberer, but I find myself being a lot less curmudgeony. Your story made me feel good
Old 09-01-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

What pops out for me, GG, in your story, is a wonderful degree of mindfulness and awareness. You were present in that moment, and saw something, courage and strength of spirit, that you might otherwise have missed. Congratulations to you!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best