Notices

Champage

Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
Im a hard liquer drinker or beer drinker. I also smoke cigarettes while drinking only, but i can smoke an entire pack during drinker sessons. I was thinking or maybe its my AV but maybe i should just drink champagne here and there without smoking. Maybe i wont drink as much. What yall think???
If you're drinking hard liquor now, Champagne won't give you the same "buzz/high" that you're getting from hard liquor.

Most likely scenario is you'll start on the Champagne and you'll find that it's not really reaching your tolerance level......and you'll go out and buy a bottle of vodka or whatever to satisfy the monster's drug addiction tolerance level.

You're at the negotiating stage of grief. The relationship is over and you know it but you're bargaining.

If you never want to smoke again and drinking is a trigger for that.........
Old 09-01-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I tried to moderate my drinking and not drink as much, it was very much a hope for the best and see what happens each time.

My conclusion was continuing to do the same things and expecting things to be different didn't seem to work.

If alcohol is no longer working for you Toni, just like it wasn't for me, Sobriety is answer!!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Toni?

D
Old 09-01-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i should just drink champagne here and there without smoking.
The champagne will probably only be a teaser until you get what you really want.

Self deception is amazing is it not ?

MB
Old 09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi,

My last slip was a Champagne slip because it is the ONLY alcohol I every actually liked (with sweetener added). Seldom drank it tho: $$$
I drank one glass and was siiiiiiick - for 2 days. I know the alcohol content tends to be lower, but hey, you can just drink more (and more and more). Once you get a little "high" will that be high enough?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the replys. I guess i just want to be able to drink without it taking over my life. I want to be like thise people who can have a drink or two an thats it. Me i will have a drink or two tonight but then immediately want another in the morning. An if its a weekend it turn into a weekend binder of just sitting on the porch drunk looking horrible. I would get off the porch if i wanted to go get more booze. I would look horrible in the store my second run. Hair not comb, mostly in pajamas an i bet i smelled of booze an cigarettes.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

We've all been there and lots of us are still there Tonib. Funny I remember you from when I first joined and got my panties in a twist and quit sr and then dragged my sorry butt back here after spiralling hard for two years.
It can get a hell of a lot better than this bargaining thing for us my friend. Acceptance and letting go are a part of it. And knowing you're not alone in this.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess i just want to be able to drink without it taking over my life. I want to be like thise people who can have a drink or two an thats it.
I think everyone here wanted that at some time or another Toni.

But accepting it could never be for me really was the key to the self-imposed prison I was in.

My life is amazing now - so much better than it ever was when I was a drinker

Like someone said above you've been at this a few years now at least - why not commit to giving recovery a try for 6 months and see what happens?

D
Old 09-02-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

i just want to be able to drink without it taking over my life.
Yup. If I could have, I would have.

Fortunately, life is pretty darn good without drinking. WAY better than it was with drinking. I highly recommend you give it a try. The only thing you have to lose is that prison cell alcohol puts us in.

You can do this!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

When I was drinking, I didn't address my drinking, I address issues about the drink....switched different red wines for others, blaming particular brands for the hangovers...I switched a lot...till I worked out it was me, I was an alcoholic!