Notices

No doubt now

Old 08-29-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No doubt now

Well after repairing family relationships - more like spackle - after my drunken melt down last Friday. My boys left for football practice this Monday evening and I was desperately trying to open up a Chardonnay bottle because I couldn't find a bottle opener. I need help. I hate who I am.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beannie,

It is clear that the closer you get to drinking the more disappointed you get. Life is not easy for various reasons and surely we can convince ourselves that drinking will somehow solve it or numb it, but deep
Inside you know you are worth fighting for, otherwise you wouldn't be here writing this.

There is help available in various ways and all you need to do is reach for it. We are here, AA is out there, plenty of books, but most important of it all you have to believe in yourself. One step at a time, one hard moment at a time and eventually the hard moments will be easier to handle.

You can do this.

P
Old 08-29-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Beanie Baby,

What are you doing for support? Also, can you remove all alcohol from the house?

How are you doing right now?
Old 08-29-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Beanie Baby,

Drinking that wine will only make you feel more remorse tomorrow or even when the bottle is done. Can you call a AA hotline?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of us started with little or no life coping skills beyond the bottle.
But we learned and you can too BB

I'm not sure what your recovery plan looks like, but maybe it's time to look at it again and see if it's really addressing your needs?

D
Old 08-30-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you shared.

I think most of us go thorough a period when we don't want the consequences of drinking, but we still want to drink. Sounds a little like you'd dealt with the last lot of consequences, and as soon as there was no one to witness it, wanted to drink.

Do you WANT to stop BB? Really want to get off this crazy train? Or is there a little bit of you that still thinks that maybe there is an easier, softer way, which won't entail having to be completely sober?

Can you tell us what your recovery plan looks like at the moment? Perhaps if you do that people here could suggest things that might be added in to fill any gaps.

I would suggest that you remove the bloody chardonnay from your home for a start off. (Good lads for hiding the bottle opener if it was them. ) There may come a time when your sobriety will be safe regardless of alcohol being around your home when you're alone. Now obviously isn't that time.