Notices

somehow only mildly addicted

Old 08-29-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Liver function is not the only measure of your addiction, it just means you are lucky that it hasn't killed you yet. Your youth probably has something to do with it. I echo everyone else here in saying that, sooner or later, it's going to catch up to you and destroy your life. Video games will be the least of your worries.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Liver damage is NOT good. Quit now. Before you end up having to have ascites and fluid drained off your abdomen, turn greenish yellow, and have to walk with a cane.

I'm 10 years older than you and had no liver damage...enzymes were normal. But I was a total mess and a complete alcoholic. The fact that you have high liver enzymes means that you are slowly destroying your body with alcohol.

No such thing as mildly addicted. That's like being "mildly pregnant."
Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Personally, I believe that when you feel you have to sign up to an addiction forum, to ask the question - then deep down, you already know the answer.
Wishing you well x
Old 08-29-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand you are not ready to stop drinking now.

As others have said, there is no way of knowing what your health will be like in six months or a year. It's a gamble. And, one thing I know for sure is that alcoholism is a progressive disease and it will get worse.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi zikka, and welcome.

I pretty much agree with what everyone else here has said, and I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone on this site who would encourage you to keep drinking, especially at the rate you are/were going.

I had my first drink at 18. I was what I'd call a "normal drinker" at that time. By the time I was 24 I was a full fledged alcoholic. I went through the denial, the rationalization, minimization, attempts to quit for the past 3 years, relapses, restart the cycle. It's progressive, and the only place you're going to get by continuing to do this is dead, or in jail.

You are lucky you haven't done more damage, and you should really decide to stop now. 2 things are certain: If you stop, your body can heal itself. If you don't, it will absolutely get worse.

I wish you the best! Please read around here as much as you can. I promise you, sober life is a much better life. xoxo
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Mildly addicted is like be mildly pregnant
Old 08-29-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zikka View Post
id like to quit eventually. but lately ive just had a lot more fun when im drunkk especially on video games. as lame as that sounds! lol
I use to be the same way at your age. I would drink about a 12 pack or a fifth almost every night while playing video games for hours on end.
In your 20's, alcohol seems like it's your friend, the withdrawals/hangovers aren't bad, you may be thinking what's the big deal?
As time goes on, it will get worse and worse. I'm now in my 30's, and after 11 years of alcoholism, what was just fun and games, is now an addition hell. Alcoholism is a slow growing monster that may seem like is your best friend now, will turn into the worst enemy you've ever known.