SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I screwed up (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/396750-i-screwed-up.html)

FormerWineGirl 08-28-2016 06:09 PM

I screwed up

After almost two years, I have been drinking the past month. I am so disappointed in myself. I am sorry to everyone on here. I think of the advise I have given to others, and here I failed myself.

Please let this be a lesson to all of you. I realized a few months ago that the beast was rearing it's ugly head, and I allowed it to happen. I see now why people say that relapse begins before it actually takes place.

I have work to do, a plan to redesign. Again, I am so sorry.

resolute50 08-28-2016 06:15 PM

There's no need to be sorry.
And the advice you have given is solid. Like the advice you just gave with this post.
Don't beat yourself up over this. You'll start a cycle of disappointment> drink and then repeat.
You can get back on track. You only really fail when you give up trying.:grouphug:

REsoberALITY 08-28-2016 06:24 PM

Thank you very much for the reminder FWG.....

Now..... Get up, dust yourself off and get back to it!
You know what to do and know it can be done.
Stop looking back and get back on the road ahead
of you! And keep your head up!!

aussieblue 08-28-2016 06:25 PM

Welcome back.

bexxed 08-28-2016 06:29 PM

Thank you.

Delilah1 08-28-2016 06:29 PM

You are always so supportive of others, Thank you for being brave enough to share that with us, it is definitely an important reminder.

No apologies needed, use the support of this community to help you get right back on track.

Zebra1275 08-28-2016 06:30 PM

There is no need to apologize.

I understand, having relapsed a few times myself after extended periods of sobriety. I was at a meeting tonight and someone with long term sobriety, admitted to a relapse recently. Alcohol is cunning, baffling, powerful, and also very patient. Sobriety is a "one day at a time" thing for me, I can't get complacent.

Glad you made it back.

skipper123 08-28-2016 06:30 PM

no need to be sorry. I have read some of your past posts and you gave me much inspiration!

Elicia08 08-28-2016 06:32 PM

Welcome back, FWG. As others have said, no sense beating yourself up about it. It's not unusual for an alcoholic to go back to the booze. What's unusual is for an alcoholic to stay sober. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back at it. You can do it. One day at a time!!

Dee74 08-28-2016 06:36 PM

I'm really glad you're back FWG :grouphug:
D

HeartsAfire 08-28-2016 06:45 PM

I'm so thankful you came back. (((FWG)))

Dame 08-28-2016 06:53 PM

Hi FWG,
I wouldn't trust someone to advise me until they had already been through this themselves. Never doubt your wisdom and strength. Your strength got you to 2 yrs. Your wisdom brought you back when you needed help.
Thank you for this lesson

Behappy1 08-28-2016 07:20 PM

Thank you for your honesty! This is a tough road that we're on. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and bounce back stronger than ever!

Mattq2 08-28-2016 07:28 PM

FWG, two years is an awesome accomplishment. You can get through this. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Forget about it and start again. You gave me good advice. Thank you for helping me. You know how to do this🤗

sleepie 08-28-2016 07:41 PM

Hi FormerWineGirl, just put it down and don't look back. Don't make it a long term thing. You can stop this.

Trees39 08-28-2016 11:15 PM

Thanks Fwg. Keep going :) we are right with you.

Berrybean 08-29-2016 03:20 AM

Glad you made it back. Good luck with your new plan. Keep posting. You can do this x

waywardson8260 08-29-2016 04:25 AM

We All know how difficult that AV can be even after a long time sober. You can do this!

thomas11 08-29-2016 08:35 AM

Glad you're back FWG, honesty is critical and we appreciate that.

Bunny211 08-29-2016 09:05 AM

Welcome back. We all love you on here. You've been a part of my sobriety journey and I am forever grateful. We are human beings...we make mistakes. That is how we learn. I don't think I could TAKE advice from a perfect being. I learn best from others like me...who make mistakes, pick themselves up, and keep going. I think you are awesome and I am sad that you picked up...because I've done it before and I know how horrible and shameful it feels. When I went back to rehab my close friend said "You know you will never use up a "quota" with me. I'm not going to only give you 3 or 4 chances and then abandon you...no matter how many times you fall down, I am always going to be here to you to reach my hand out and help you back up." So, FormerWineGirl, same goes to you. You have no quota here on these boards...with any of us. We still love you and welcome you with open arms. <3