Notices

3 Whole Days Sober

Old 08-28-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

3 Whole Days Sober

Hey folks,

Well, I've been reading a lot of posts and responding to a few. I'm three whole days sober today, and feeling ok.

I have had insomnia for the last two nights (not a big surprise - I was having problems with it before I started drinking) and am dragging today a bit from only getting about 6 hours of sleep. My body aches are moderate, and I'm still quite thirsty for water, which I hear is quite normal.

I went to an AA meeting on both day 1 and day 2. I liked the second one much better than the first, since it was women only. The first meeting was 90% men, and I just couldn't relate as much. But, I remembered what someone had said here about going to several meetings until you find one that's a good fit, so I tried another. Thanks to whomever gave that advice. <3

I'm still finding it difficult to speak up and talk to anyone. It kind of makes me despair ever being able to ask someone to be my Sponsor, KWIM? Also, Saturday's meeting was an anniversary meeting so there was not much discussion or anything. I'm planning on going to another meeting specifically for beginners tomorrow on my day off. Hopefully I'll get some of my questions answered there.

I was very interested in what someone on another thread said about the link between peri-menopause, menopause and increased alcohol consumption. I'm almost 45, and only started drinking to excess a couple years ago. I also have several of the peri-menopause symptoms listed. Very eye opening. I'm planning on doing extensive reading on the subject to get some more insight. I would have never made the connection before coming here.

So anyways, I'm taking things one day at a time. Tomorrow will be my first challenge, because it will be my first day not working since I quit.

Thanks for all the support, and keep fighting the good fight! <3

xo Linda
Old 08-28-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Linda. Good for you on 3 days!! Keep it up.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! Keep it going.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Thanks, guys!

I've decided besides writing stuff down in a sort of journal (which is hard for me because I hate the site of my own handwriting), I'm also going to print out my posts here as I make them and tape them into it so I can look back at how I've been doing and see how far I have come.

Positive reinforcement!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Insomnia is annoying as heck in the early days as is sweats and confusion but know were rooting for you all the way and big congrats on day 3
Old 08-28-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats chanciluv

D
Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member