Notices

Feeling healthier, slowly getting out there

Old 12-11-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Aries, Dee, Impurr, Hevyn. I just told me husband it was 130 days sober and he corrected me, it's 140. I didn't realize he was counting. 7/15/16 worst day but had no control, 7/26/16 decided to make best day of my life.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on 130 days, I am sorry about your friend, but being sober is a wonderful way to honor her memory.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Mk
Old 12-16-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

When my BFF died she left a group of great girl friends. Tonight I will join a group of them for a dinner out. They are all 18 years younger than I and loved her as I did. Because she lived in my attached apartment I was with her daily which meant I drank with her more, though they did too. We have spent time together, these friends and I, and I have become close with them. Each of us admits our role, how did we not see how ill she was getting? One friend made me a beautiful photo book and dropped it off this afternoon, sending me into weepy sadness. I miss her. I am sober in her honor. I am sober for me.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad I'm waking up after another sober night. I've got a lot to work on. I've been concentrating on being healthier and want to do more on that, I've changed the drinking part of my life but now better eating and exercise need to be incorporated. Also, with him retired we as a couple need to figure out our new routines are. I'm still working and really rely on that for social well being. Not knowing what to predict has changed our eating, sometimes we just don't eat. So I overeat at night. He is content reading all day and night. I'm not content and get anxious with no purpose, nothing to do. My friend filled my life with her life, now she's gone and I need something else. 155 days sober, liver tests looking great. What next? It's going to be something or a bunch of something's interesting. No more adopting children or dogs, done that. No hobbies to leave undone. Focus on balance.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"Focus on balance."

Thank you. I needed that today!

You're doing so well...bravo!!

Sending you a hug.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Rooting for you, MK. Day at a time. Keep those boundaries strong for New Orleans!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Maud, New Orleans in October went without a hitch! That city was so full of good food and nice people I blended right in. Looking forward to a March trip to the Azores now, mellow experience in a gorgeous place.
Off today to walk the pups, pretty warm here.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 155 is fantastic Mklove!! Very positive post!!
Old 12-28-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Annual gathering of my husbands friends and their wives at the same steak house near whether they grew up. Always a blast, I really like all of them. Definitely only non drinker there. Great conversation, let's of book recommendations. I decided when we would leave. Husband declared, out loud, that I "hadn't been the same since "she" died." Taken aback and didn't disagree. No talking about that with drinkers, nope.