Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

60 days... and promptly nosedived off that flimsy branch of perfection into poo

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

What kind of poo? Poo from the ugliest and meanest dog you can think of. Somebody should shoot that dog for stinking up the place.

I had 60 days. So what are you saying Bug?Yes I had 60 days and then I caved like a two bit accordion made of tissue paper and had two beers. And then what? Did you get plastered and fall head first in the toilet again? Thankfully no. I put it down and said Wake the F word up Bug! We don't drink to deal with the everyday poo of life. We don't drink to forget about the hyperventilating mess we made of ourselves at work today (tears and snot and everything). We suck it up and deal with what we CAN control. I lost my cool at work today and shamefully came home to down two old and yucky beers in the fridge. Eew. I like wine dammit. But I did it.

Drinking two beers would have been child's play in a kindergarten classroom. Easy. Moving on to a whole helluva lot more. But I have graduated from kindy. I realized drinking solves nothing! Nothing at all! So I stopped. Accepted fault. Confessing it. And moving on.

Every sober day means something to me so I don't recognize a sobriety clock. Consider my clock reset, but I know damn well that I had 60 alcohol free days. And I didn't fall into a pit of despair. That makes me feel better.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job, Bug! Those days will come along from time to time and it sounds like you are ready and able to take them on.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kuddos! You had 2 beers and that was it. You coulda said F it, I already messed up, and ran to the liquor store for more but you didn't. You checked in with yourself and stopped. Two beers to 60 days sober is nothing. Just keep plugging away.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I guarantee if I'd had 2 - it would've turned into 10 - and off I'd go. Glad you saved yourself, Bug.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Atta girl Bug, back up and at em. Recognizing it for what it was is important and not minimizing it, but don't let it be the opening to back down the slippery slope. Stay strong my friend- you've done great
Old 08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ya...I would have been heading to the liquor store for sure after 2 beers. that's why I can't keep anything in the house.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you didn't continue the last 2 months let you know you can do this
Old 08-26-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
I realized drinking solves nothing! Nothing at all!
Many people have written something similar following a lapse. I think you already knew what you wrote. More important than what we know is what we believe about ourselves, about our ability to do what we need to do in order to live a better life. All that we need to know, all that we need to achieve in life, is already inside us. The great mystery is why we spend so much time and effort, sometimes an entire lifetime, avoiding it by chasing things that we think will make us happy, or at least help us to avoid pain and discomfort.

There are forces more powerful than thinking and knowing when it comes to alcoholism and making major changes in life. If we acted on what we know to be the truth, none of us would ever drink again.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post EndGame.

Welcome back Bug

D
Old 08-26-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Been following your story bug. It's been inspiring to me. I won't give up on you and you shouldn't either🤗 You can do it I know!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Bug,

I'm glad you were able to stop at two and you are back posting.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

awwwww "flimsy branch of perfection" - we gotta let that illusion go! Welcome back
Old 08-26-2016, 09:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi lb... Good catch...and good to see your brightness again...
Old 08-26-2016, 11:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Don't worry, your far enough into sobriety to not worry about two beers. Just assess the trigger, and next time don't keep old beer in the fridge, too easy of temptation.

Sh*t happens, be realistic about it and don't worry about the day count. As long as your feeling healthy.

Besides, in another 60 days you can make a thread "120 days!!" And iam sure no one here will remember these two beers😉
Old 08-26-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Madruski View Post
Don't worry, your far enough into sobriety to not worry about two beers. Just assess the trigger, and next time don't keep old beer in the fridge, too easy of temptation.

Sh*t happens, be realistic about it and don't worry about the day count. As long as your feeling healthy.

Besides, in another 60 days you can make a thread "120 days!!" And iam sure no one here will remember these two beers😉
Huh.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great point

Originally Posted by uncorked View Post
Kuddos! You had 2 beers and that was it. You coulda said F it, I already messed up, and ran to the liquor store for more but you didn't. You checked in with yourself and stopped. Two beers to 60 days sober is nothing. Just keep plugging away.
It's a testament to LightningBug's progress that she stopped after two beers. Keep going - this was a typical bump in the road. You got this sobriety thing sweetie!!
Old 08-27-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Oh man! Well at least you caught yourself before it got worse.

Please be sure to check in this morning ...
let us know how you are doing today.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I posted on this yesterday but I guess I lost it? Anyways I just said that I'm very proud of you for stopping at 2! It would have sent me into a binge, you wised up and realized that drinking isn't what you want, dust off, put it out of your mind and keep up the excellent work!
Old 08-27-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think you did great stopping at 2
Old 08-27-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Good morning everyone! I feel so much better today. Anxiety lifted. My old self would have already been at the store this morning with the idea that I might as well have more. But I am not even thinking about it.

The beer being I'm the fridge is not my doing. My husband is a heavy drinker. Usually he keeps it outside but I guess he wanted them in the fridge yesterday. I tried but I can't change that. That is something he has to change if he is going to continue to support me.
Love to you all.