SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Friday is here again. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/396614-friday-here-again.html)

Zanna 08-26-2016 01:25 AM

Friday is here again.

Fridays, as some of you know, is the day I usually cave in. Add to this, it's a bank holiday weekend, here in the UK and my birthday on Tuesday and man, this is gonna be a test.
I need cat litter, so no choice but to go to the shop, or I'd break routine and go tomorrow morning, for weekend food shopping.

Just wanted to put this out there, so that I can't 'do a sneaky' and simply vanish for a day or two. It's weird, how your brain does a little dance, thinking Friday ..way-hay!

Going to buy junk food and pretend I'm 13 again, where weekends consisted of chocolate, crisps and peanuts and lots of TV.

Will sign in when I get back and thanks for being there :)

Belier 08-26-2016 01:27 AM

Hi Zanna, I will be waiting for you and eating chocolate also as I am in Australia and it is Friday night!

Zanna 08-26-2016 01:30 AM

Hi Ring - thanks. I'm not going yet, need to get my head together a bit more before I venture out :) Thanks for being there.
Actually, I'm going to go to a different shop - change the routine.

Dee74 08-26-2016 02:24 AM

You can do this Zanna - think ahead! :)

D

Zanna 08-26-2016 02:30 AM

Made it! Safely home albeit in a foul mood. It'll pass. Thank guys! :)
Luckily, I live in a small village with no local shop, so no chance of 'wandering' to the shop if I change my mind. Nearest shop is a two mile drive away, so not likely to be happening ;)

Zanna 08-26-2016 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by ring (Post 6108648)
Hi Zanna, I will be waiting for you and eating chocolate also as I am in Australia and it is Friday night!

Hey - what's happening in Neighbours? :)

Belier 08-26-2016 02:39 AM

Great work Zanna!!

Belier 08-26-2016 02:40 AM

Haha! I don't watch it anymore, but they are still going strong!

Zanna 08-26-2016 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by ring (Post 6108679)
Haha! I don't watch it anymore, but they are still going strong!

Have to admit, I haven't watched it in a while. That Paul Robinson is a nasty piece of work though ;)

RedAndy 08-26-2016 02:59 AM

Hi Zanna, glad to hear the shopping trip went ok despite the mood - can definitely relate to that Friday feeling you mention but having other things planned is always a good idea - but always remember no matter what no caving in :wink:

Last time I watched that it was Bouncer / Charlene and Scott and Lassiter's I think it was called wasn't it - omg how on earth have I just recalled that it must have been late 80's !!

Zanna 08-26-2016 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by RedAndy (Post 6108693)
Hi Zanna, glad to hear the shopping trip went ok despite the mood - can definitely relate to that Friday feeling you mention but having other things planned is always a good idea - but always remember no matter what no caving in :wink:

Last time I watched that it was Bouncer / Charlene and Scott and Lassiter's I think it was called wasn't it - omg how on earth have I just recalled that it must have been late 80's !!

Lol! I forgot about Lassiters :D Yeah, good ole Scott and Charlene :)
Keep meaning to ask Andy - is it RED coz of Man U or are you are Corbynite :)

RedAndy 08-26-2016 03:12 AM

That's most definitely 100 % the former there Zanna

Zanna 08-26-2016 04:16 AM

Ok. Me and my grumpy mood are heading under the headfones, for some serious David Draiman time. Thanks again everyone, for your support :) x

jodc 08-26-2016 04:47 AM

Hi Zanna,

I'm not a Disturbed fan but when I heard Sounds of Silence, David Draiman definitely moved up a notch in my book.

I'm new to SR and I just wanted to give you kudos for hanging in there!

Nowsthetime 08-26-2016 04:54 AM

Flex your sober muscles!!!

It will get easier next time. Starve that AV!!!

You can do it! Hang here with us this weekend.

We are with you.

Zanna 08-26-2016 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by jodc (Post 6108810)
Hi Zanna,

I'm not a Disturbed fan but when I heard Sounds of Silence, David Draiman definitely moved up a notch in my book.

I'm new to SR and I just wanted to give you kudos for hanging in there!

Thank you :) I was just listening to that very song, when I popped over and read your post. What David lacks in height, he sure makes up for in lung power :D

https://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

Zanna 08-26-2016 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime (Post 6108818)
Flex your sober muscles!!!

It will get easier next time. Starve that AV!!!

You can do it! Hang here with us this weekend.

We are with you.

Thank you :) I'm fine now - when I was a young teenager, I would always blast rock music through headphones and generally use music to calm me down / cheer me up etc. Shame booze took over that roll, but time to get back to being the old 'me' :)

Soberwolf 08-26-2016 10:48 AM

have you joined class of august, the 24h thread or weekenders ?

Zanna 08-26-2016 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Soberwolf (Post 6109216)
have you joined class of august, the 24h thread or weekenders ?

I've done both and thanks for asking :) I did mean to come back earlier - I just tend to get a little (too much) involved in politics at the moment, so got a little sidetracked :) I'm absolutely fine! Off to bed soon :) THANK YOU for caring!!