Notices

Not sure what to do..

Old 08-25-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
You say you're addicted to alcohol and narcotics and want to get sober. That's all that matters, no need to slap a label on yourself.
Very good advice actually, no need to label it. I was finding it hard to realize what I miss most. I think I just need to not label myself as you said and just admit that I am an addict.

Thanks again to everyone for all the great support and advice. I have too many reasons to stop and not enough reasons to keep going on this complete destructive path. I have ruined almost every aspect of my life, so I just have to find the strength to keep going and not let myself get numb to not deal with it. Its hard believe me. I have this app on my phone that you put your sober date in and how many times its been reset in the short time I've had it is insane to me...

But still sober today, so I have that.

There is women's group for AA so the suggestion for calling them to find someone to go with is a great one. I have no license anymore and even getting there could be a problem for me. Someone will drive me though I'm sure so I can stop with that excuse, because looking at it I'm sure that's all it is.

I can't believe I'm starting to feel a little better already, although waking up this morning was really rough for me for some reason.
I'm going to keep reading posts on here, and I'm really glad I found this site.
Again thanks to everyone for all their encouragement, advice and posts!
Old 08-25-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Chat certainly can be busy - depends on the time of day tho. Are you having trouble getting in, or trouble finding people to chat with?
I am actually having trouble getting in, I can't seem to get it installed or something. Must be me or this computer. Maybe I can try on my phone instead. Glad to hear its busy tho, I think that would help for sure. Once I get it set up.