SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Mobile Site vs. Website (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/396498-mobile-site-vs-website.html)

JoeCree 08-23-2016 08:42 PM

Mobile Site vs. Website

One of the components that I appreciate is the "thanks button", but it doesnt show up on the mobile site.
Is there anyway to add this option?

Delizadee 08-23-2016 08:49 PM

I'm not a big fan of the mobile site at all. I much prefer the classic site. I don't think you can see avatars either?

lovetolisten 08-23-2016 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by JoeCree (Post 6105368)
One of the components that I appreciate is the "thanks button", but it doesnt show up on the mobile site.

I bought a tablet mostly to increase my SR usage and can't use the thanks button or see profiles on the left either :(

Ruby2 08-23-2016 09:13 PM

I look at the full site on my phone. I don't like how it looks on the mobile site. Harder for me to read.

Delilah1 08-23-2016 09:13 PM

If you scroll to the bottom of the mobile site you can still access the full site from your phone or tablet. That is what I usually do.:-)

hellrzr 08-23-2016 09:35 PM

I also use the full site on my phone. The mobile version is terrible!

Dee74 08-23-2016 09:41 PM

I've not used the app but I passed on your comments and concerns guys :)

D

Forward12 08-24-2016 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6105407)
If you scroll to the bottom of the mobile site you can still access the full site from your phone or tablet. That is what I usually do.:-)

I do the same. The mobile site is ok for a quick check in, but it lacks a lot from the full site.

Trees39 08-24-2016 12:44 AM

Love the app! Real easy to read :)

Time2Rise 08-24-2016 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by JoeCree (Post 6105368)

If u download and purchase the app, u will have the "thank" feature. I believe the cost is ~ $2 or $3 US.

PurpleKnight 08-24-2016 09:19 AM

It's great when out and about, I haven't purchased the app so the "thanks" button is absent, also the thread only has the last poster name against it on the board rather than the original poster.

But hey, it's still great to have something out and about!! :)

JoeCree 08-24-2016 09:41 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I dont have the app, i was referring to the mobile site snd yes it seems others have expressed the same. I just use the desktop version on my phone. I like seeing the Avatar, where people are from and a quick thank you when i read from people. But yeah i guess the mobile site has to be lighter. Id glasly pay for the app if it was the same as the desktop version with all the features.

Its what makes me feel close to fellow members.

Berrybean 08-24-2016 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6105407)

Yep. I have to do this on my tablet and mobile phone each time. Only takes a sec though.

MLD51 08-24-2016 09:51 AM

I use the app on my phone and iPad. There are fewer features than the full site, but for me, it's easier to read on my devices. I use the full site on my laptop.

Time2Rise 08-24-2016 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 6106147)
I use the app on my phone and iPad. There are fewer features than the full site, but for me, it's easier to read on my devices. I use the full site on my laptop.

Same here. The app does lack features available on the website forums, but I find it easier to read and interact than I do on the mobile version or full version available on my phone's web browser.

Overall though, you can't beat the full version on a PC or laptop.