Notices

Really sad today

Old 08-23-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

34 years old...so young. I drank away two more decades after that age!!!! Your going to be fine bunny. Great job on fifteen months
Old 08-23-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bunny
I'm sorry you feel down today.

It took me a while to clean up the mess my drinking left me - inside and out - but I did it, eventually.

Good things happened to me and I know they'll happen to you too. Please don't lose hope

I hope tomorrow is better.

D
Old 08-23-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

15 months Sober is amazing Bunny!! Congratulations!!

Sending you a huge cyber Hug!!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Relationships are over-rated😁. I think the best ones develop when a person is already happy with themselves and enjoying personal goals and interests without a partner.
A relationship is there to enhance your life but shouldn't be what your life revolves around because people are unpredictable and so are their feelings. IMO

And trust me, it gets easier and easier to be alone as you get older and your hormones change.
Congratulations on FIFTEEN months, wow👍
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hugs, Bunny.

You've gotten some great feedback here. I think many of us have experienced the same feelings you have and I understand all too well how hard that is.

Remember that sobriety gives us a new lease on life. There are times that may not seem like enough, but there are more times it will feel like a tremendous gift.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Some days ya just feel crappy. This too shall pass.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sending hugs your way, Bunny211. I am also in my 30s and sometimes feel like I'm losing patience with life. But then I think about the knowledge and wisdom we can build upon toward a beautiful future. So much of your life has yet to be written. Being sober, patient, and caring for yourself will bring wonderful joy.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skylove2016 View Post
Sending hugs your way, Bunny211. I am also in my 30s and sometimes feel like I'm losing patience with life. But then I think about the knowledge and wisdom we can build upon toward a beautiful future. So much of your life has yet to be written. Being sober, patient, and caring for yourself will bring wonderful joy.
I agree with this 100 percent. And I believe 15 months of sobriety is better than any career, home, relationship, or bank account.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny,

First, sending lots of virtual hugs your way!! You are still very young, and have time to marry and have kids if that is what you want.

Finances have always been an issue for me too. I signed up with a debt negotiation agency to get back on track. It will take a few years, but that is okay. I had to pause my retirement last year because I was out on medical leave, and my husband was unemployed. I just restarted it this month and I have 11 years on you.

You have so much to celebrate, and I know that things will continue to improve with your continued sobriety!

❤️ Delilah
Old 08-23-2016, 09:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bunny! You are a war veteran, suffering from the aftermath of a war in which you have prevailed. The hardest battle of all, with yourself. Your courage, your stamina, your resolve, speak for themselves. Although some folks may think you brought this on yourself, they fail to realize that sixty percent or more of alcoholism is genetic. And from your account it runs in your family. If you stick with it, safeguard the enormous asset you have acquired through sobriety, the skies will gradually clear for you. I assume that you have good medical help with antidepressants if that would help. Find a nice non drinking understanding fellow and begin a new life. Every good wish and all the luck in the world to you!

Bill. (I only wish I had got sobriety at age 34. It took me 40 years to figure it out!)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((((Bunny))) You are so amazing to have fought so hard to get where you are despite the difficulties. You are a real inspiration to me, I love your posts, and I know you are to others as well. Things will fall into place for you, I am sure of this. I too get in these places where everything seems dark and impossible but like a cat I always seem to fall on my feet, on solid ground. It will happen for you. The annoying thing is the one thing you need right now is the one thing you simply cannot do anything about- time. You just have to wait for it to happen. We are all here for you. Sending you virtual hugs and love.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You guys are amazing! I'm listening to upbeat music at my desk today...gonna make today a GOOD day. My friend (roommate from rehab) is coming down tomorrow. She has also stayed sober (her sobriety date is the day before mine haha). We are going to "Ride the tides" Thursday night, grab dinner and chat. Friday I am off and she and I are going to the beach and then to a meeting. I do have a lot to look forward to. Sometimes my thinking goes SO SOUR. My sponsor tells me early sobriety (the first 7 years for her she said) was a lot like being bi-polar...incredible highs and lows. As long as I don't give the crazy thoughts in my head too much clout I will be okay. My head is a dangerous neighborhood...I need a chaperone to go there!

Happy hump day. Love to all. You really helped me with your kind words and advice.

Love,
Bunny
Old 08-24-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sounds great Bunny. chin up, eyes forward. Thinking of you.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sending you a big hug bunny ❣
Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Bunny! Sounds like you're really making progress. Keep doing what you're doing. Things will open up for you. You're young and you've got lots of happiness ahead. It gets easier to avoid not drinking but don't let yourself get overconfident. Whatever seems to work for you- that's the way to go! Good luck and every good wish.

Bill.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi bunny
I can definitely feel your pain ... If you want I'll fall in love with you! Seriously, glad you got a fun outing with a girlfriend and hope you do start to love yourself. Fall in love with yourself
With your feelings
With your breath
With your arms and legs
With your frustrations
With your humanness
Etc.

Not that I've done it either, but that's the goal. I've always fallen in love with falling in love, and as I get older with hopes it would cure my loneliness and insecurity. But it definitely hadn't worked out that way for me.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny, i am the male version of you. I lost my career, relationship, bankruptcy and evicted from my condo. My parents are problem drinkers and I keep my distance too. I just turned 40 and am starting over in life from the bottom up. I did rehab, therapy, self-help books etc. I am sober 3 months this time because I joined AA and got a sponsor. it helps to be around other people who also lost everything I know exactly how you feel because I am in the same situation. all I want now is to be happy, settle down and have a family. It's not asking much but sobriety must come first.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I reckon even if it doesn't turn out "apple pie" it's still heaps better than being drunk and avoiding even a mundane life. At least it's legitimate.