Notices

I've never even had 30 days before.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congratulations Serper. I got the "click" too, thank goodness.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just curious Serper: had you been trying to quit before the Soberrecovery Feb 2014 join date?
Old 08-23-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

30 days, has always been my downfall in the past. It's like something comes over me when I hit the 30 Hopefully, this time I'll break through that barrier too
Old 08-24-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yay!!! I love this for you!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

32 days!! Congratulations to you. Keep on keepin on!!
Old 08-25-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Just curious Serper: had you been trying to quit before the Soberrecovery Feb 2014 join date?
Yes. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly when... but it was sometime in early 2012 when I decided that I needed to quit....It was in late 2011 when I suspected that I wasn't like other drinkers, but at that point I didn't think I needed to stop.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
Until now! Actually where I'm at, I'm halfway through day 32.
I can't believe it. Is it really 2016? Have I been in a coma for that long? To be honest, I don't really know what I did differently. It would be amazing to come here with the information "Once I did this, THAT is what finally got me to make it to 30 days after trying to hit that benchmark for YEARS." I wish I could be more helpful to those who are in their first week, but I just don't know what has changed. I thought that the 30 days, if I ever even made it, would be this big emotional struggle and it wasn't. It was just simply living my life without drinking. Telling my tinder dates that 'no I don't drink' with no worrying about what they would think, it just seemed that the words were a fact like George Washington's birthday-- there's no room for debate, I just don't drink anymore. I'm almost afraid that I didn't do enough, I almost feel like I didn't struggle enough in the 30 days. I told my father last night that it almost "feels too easy." This feeling is causing me to reevaluate because I don't want to get cocky and end up not getting to 60 days because I didn't do enough to support my recovery. I do something daily before bed that is recovery related, just to remind myself what I am. I mean it has been YEARS that I've been actively trying to get sober. I've been trying every single day for years to make this one count.... so it's not as if I wasn't learning the whole time. Maybe all of that experience, finally paid off? I don't know, but I'm not going to over think it. I'm sober for a month today and feel great. Anyone else have the experience that they really didn't do anything differently (except for not drink), but something just "clicked" ?
Serper -- congratulations on day 32! Maybe you've heard of the "pink cloud?" It's a period of time after drinking when all is going beautifully and life is great. It happened to me -- and it's normal. It's a time when we are so relieved to be freed from the chains of alcohol that life seems miraculous.

It's a good idea to see it for what it is only because it goes away when things get rough. And then we realize why we have to "go to any lengths" to not drink. Remember the formula: meetings, sponsor, prayer, service -- in the best of times as well as in the not-so-best-of-times.

Here's wishing you another sober 30 . . . and more.