Notices

90 plus days clean

Old 08-21-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 plus days clean

Hello..this is my first time here and my first post. I was addicted to prescription pain meds for about 2 and half years. Although they helped me feel "happy" and confident, the end was a nightmare filled with anxiety, depression, and a constant worry about how would I get more. On May 11th, I had my second birthday. I checked myself into rehab and stayed 28 days. I went to an NA meeting the day I got out, and started going to IOP the following morning. I went to meetings several times a week, found a sponsor, joined a home group, and started working the steps.

Today at just over 90 days clean, I am proud of everything I have done so far for my recovery. But I would be lying if I said this has been easy. It is by far one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life!! I still feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster. Some days are good, some days are bad, and some are simply a crazy mixture of both. I still have days when I feel like I am not comfortable in my own skin, like I just don't know myself anymore....I know who I was before I started using, and I know who I was while I was using, but now that I'm clean, I don't identify with either. And it's scary too. I know that I have to really deal with some critical issues from childhood, and early adulthood to truly be free. But it's scary to think of opening old wounds, and allowing myself to be vulnerable to those emotions. Sorry for rambling, but it feels so good to be open and honest. I realize that my "second birthday" is just like my first. I didn't come out of the womb walking and talking and knowing how to do math, it was a process, and a journey. And this will be a journey as well.

So that's where I'm at. Grateful for another day clean. Grateful that I have a supportive family, and grateful that I found this website. Thanks for letting me share. And oh, I would be so grateful if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job! I would just say the patience is key because progress and healing takes time. Keep it up!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Welcome Eloise!
So glad you found SR ..
You will find so many great people here.
Hope you have a great day
Old 08-22-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Eloise!!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome! Spend some time looking around the site and the forums - there is a ton of great information here, and a great support network.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 90 days Eloise88 and thank you for your positive post
Old 08-22-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Eloise, and congratulations on 90 days clean.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

step work in your first 90 days?

AWESOME

i had to get thrown into a locked psych ward at 1 year sober before i could get willing

Old 08-22-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

90 days is a great milestone, great job!
Old 08-22-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

90 days is wonderful - we're so glad to have you with us, Eloise.

I definitely felt odd in early sobriety - I'd been numbing myself for a long time. I had to learn to live in a different way. Be patient & kind to yourself. You are still healing from all you've been through.