8 Traditional Beliefs That Have Now Been Proved By Science | Spirit Science

Not that there's anything great about being "proved by science."
Old 08-21-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Or is it?

8 Traditional Beliefs That Have Now Been Proved By Science | Spirit Science

Not that there's anything great about being "proved by science."
Thanks for posting that really interesting article. :-)

Its nice to have science catch up with what many sober people already know to be the truth.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great article- I love several of the findings in particular. Already shared with the bf! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

These universal truths have been practiced for centuries. I find it tragic when people use science as the basis for their recovery. Science knows so little about so few things I wouldn't trust it for much. I lean much more heavily on the great spiritual leaders and healers of the past three thousand years. Science has it's place but it is just one thing in my bag of tricks
Old 08-21-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

whats your favourites MIRecovery (not from the link but in your bag of tricks ) ?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
whats your favourites MIRecovery (not from the link but in your bag of tricks ) ?

Thanks
Generically I think there needs to be balance in the mind body and spirit. All three have to be healthy or the whole isn't. My favorites are Jesus Christs teachings not as they are practiced by the Christian church but as he wrote them. I love a lot of the Budhist teachings as well.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
there needs to be balance in the mind body and spirit. All three have to be healthy or the whole isn't.
I agree 100 percent . I have read , watched .listened to many speakers and they all more or less say the above in their own way .
I find my body feels better if I think better ,easier said than done in this day and age .
Here's an example of better thinking can change things :- I didn't get along with the guy who is my relief at work , we do 12 hours each , I let him away and he lets me away and its been like a red rag to a bull for a while . I decided to look closer at this and asked my self "could this be all me , my doing " ? for the next 2 weeks or so I made an effort to be nice , pleasant . I prayed for peace and happiness for him , I forgave myself and him for any harsh words , I smiled and said good morning every morning and wished him a nice day on my way out .
We are now exchanging general chit chat about current events such as the Olympics . I now don't feel tense or angry around him and I drive home in a lighter mood .
This is God stuff at work
Old 08-21-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Should it not be "proven"? I did not see the results of the double blind tests. Is it posted elsewhere?
Old 08-21-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Darwinia, The results regarding the health benefits of meditation are overwhelming. You can easily find them online.

It's fascinating to me that a spiritual practice that is thousands of years old has been decisively shown to have profound beneficial effects.

"Truth is the offspring of silence and unbroken meditation" (Isaac Newton)

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein
Old 08-21-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Generically I think there needs to be balance in the mind body and spirit. All three have to be healthy or the whole isn't. My favorites are Jesus Christs teachings not as they are practiced by the Christian church but as he wrote them. I love a lot of the Budhist teachings as well.
Word for word exactly how I feel.

I was a pretty staunch atheist up until a year and a half ago.

I became interested in Budhist teachings but instead joined the Quakers.
Nothing's the same for me since I found a faith.

I opened the door to a spiritual existence and haven't looked back.
I don't see my sobriety and my faith as separate - to me, they're the same thing.