Notices

Going to a party tonight again :-/

Old 08-20-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't forget Bruno, you can take a break and walk outside for some fresh air if needed. No one will even miss you. That is something that I did not do once at a wedding reception and I ended up ordering two beers. Yes, I ordered two beers just to get me started.

Seemed that everyone else was drinking and I felt so left out.
Poor Bob --------------- oh poor me - oh poor me - oh poor me another drink.

M-Bob
Old 08-20-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good job, Bruno!
Old 08-21-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
That's it all done and dusted,

I'm very nearly a month in now and feeling great,

We left 10 mins ago and now we are home and ready for an early night for a day trip out to the seaside tomorrow morning
I knew you could do it! Well played sir.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your messages guys, it really means a lot to me. We were all up bright and early today and had a great family drive out to the coast and had a day on the beach.

I can't believe how poor my life was before. Everything has totally changed for the better 100 times over since I finally decided that my time toying with alcohol was over.

As I've previously said, before I was always challenging myself to a set period to be booze free and as soon as that period came to an end it was only a matter of time before I relapsed. This as gone on for years and years. Last month I decided that there would be no more targets of sobriety apart from being sober for ever and totally cutting the drink out of my life. It really is so much easier once you accept that nothing at all comes good from alcohol. I honestly don't know if I was an addict or just in a really bad habit. I had no withdrawals at all and once in the right mindset, for me anyway, it has been really easy. Almost as easy as just not putting alcohol into my mouth. There have been a few temptations where thoughts of drinking with friends have captured me, but I will put that down to a bad habit which fingers crossed looks to have been broken. Booze really was ruining my life and I'm so happy to have you guys just a quick log on away

Bruno.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
quat

I don't think I ever had an off switch, once I would start drinking it was always up in the air as to how much and usually if I had my druthers fully intact it was until i passed out.
At the end of my drinking I would not have believed that I did , in fact, have an off switch, the secret was never changing the setting, leave it on OFF
Onward!

Last edited by dwtbd; 08-21-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-21-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it!!! I am sure it gave you a little confidence to go through it successfully. I know last week I had a dinner followed by a lunch that were great- the first was with a friend I used to have regular, expensive dinners and drinks (she had a martini and a glass of wine, we were at a place we'd have gone before, and it was actually fun being a 3rd party observer of sorts, of all the antics around me) and the other was a midday restaurant lunch with my bf - which in my prior relationship would have been full of drinking.

We have to do these things in "regular" life, sometimes, when we are strong enough. Took me awhile to trust putting myself in situations and I am still very specific about who, when, where and how.

This news just makes me happy, Bruno!