Notices

2 Days till San Diego

Old 08-17-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Days till San Diego

17 days today AF. 2 days before my trip to San Diego to camp out at the beach with my BFF and go to Guns N Roses. I know I already posted about pre-mediated drinking, but thanks to the support and responses here I am in check. Just hoping to stay in check. My friend has never been a heavy drinker, that's my specialty. What ever will we do to pass the time? My husband and I will not drink and her boyfriend and her will drink. I have some exit plans in mind just in case. It will just be awkward. I know the temptation is going to slap me in the face. I have to be strong. I'll keep my SR app open at all times to give updates. Even the plane ride there will be challenging because we always drink on the plane. ARGH! We did 18 months before by using AVRT, RR and SR. We can do this...
Old 08-17-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I've found that it's only awkward in my mind. Generally people don't care if your drinking or not. You can do this!
Old 08-17-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 17
Old 08-17-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on 17 days sober. I hope it goes well for you.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are going to enjoy your time much better without drinking. You will feel proud when you get home and it will show yourself your seriousness about really staying sober. I was supposed to go to Cali in a few weeks but the trip got canceled and I took it as a sign from god I just wasn't ready yet. Congrats on 17 days!
Old 08-17-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very recently Guns N Roses was my first sober concert ever, how about that?! Have a great time and use your plans and tools. I had a fantastic time and am so glad I didn't lose any pieces of the night to drinking, and I was safe to drive myself home. Much better than missing entire acts to go get beers, spending way too much money (use it to upgrade seats instead!), passing out during the headliner, worrying about cops while stumbling along etc etc etc. I had been doing it wrong for years! : /
Old 08-17-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 17 days...
I think you are right, it could get awkward and uncomfortable in not taking that first drink...plane trip, Guns and Roses concert, travel...there is no way around it, the first few times to any event really need a clear affirmation that 'I will not drink'' and a presence of mind that that is exactly what will happen.
Try not to get railroaded by the AV and drinking associations.
I wish you the best, keep us close and post during the concert and trip, I think we could be a great support... : )
Old 08-17-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nothing will fix us...but things can give you the tools to fix ourselves...Like I've often said, the best hammer in the world won't build a house for you...
Old 08-17-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD View Post
I've found that it's only awkward in my mind. Generally people don't care if your drinking or not. You can do this!
I have noticed the same thing.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey sunshine72,

This is great! I am very jealous! Hehe

From my experience at the festival last week the first few hours are the hardest, but as it goes by you kind of start building up your confidence feeling cool for being sober. It's really cool you that your husband decided to keep sober together, that will really help too!

Have fun!
P