Notices

Left rehab one year ago

Old 08-18-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
now's the time

Thank you everyone

Sleepie, about the sleep— there's a definite change that's happened and I can now go to bed and be asleep reliably within half an hour. I'm doing all the sleep hygiene stuff (consistent schedule, exercise, routine, yada yada) but I'd been trying those things on and off for years with no result, so I know there's some special sauce that has to do with recovery. It's amazing, it's taken so much daily fear out of my life. Just a huge weight lifted. Again it's only been a few weeks versus my entire life, so I'm waiting to see if it sticks, but enjoying the heck out of it while I can. I'm even discovering that I like waking up early, when I've rested enough!

Anna, the five year plan is a life-saver It helps a lot with the growing pains. I'd gotten so directionless that any time something felt bad I felt like everything I was doing was wrong. Now when things feel bad I can look at it and say OK yes, this is frustrating, but it's part of this bigger picture or This is frustrating and I should take steps to change it and be measured about my actions.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! You are an inspiration 😊
Old 08-18-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fantastic Fantail!!
Old 08-18-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Amazing! Can't say how inspiring this is!

P
Old 08-22-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
The biggest thing I have to note is that I have a renewed sense of purpose in life. Somehow during the last few months I set concrete goals for myself. I now have a five year plan! And it's pretty thorough! I know what I want out of my career, my creative life, and my family life. I know exactly what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. That hasn't been true in a very long time.

Sober life is complicated and beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I notice things I never did, or maybe just haven't in a while. I am so grateful for the freedom of this new way of living.
I am so happy for you dearest fantail, and so proud of you!

I love your five-year plan, and I love more than anything that you have found your joy.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
now's the time

Thanks love, for all your help and support along the way. xo
Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thank you for the post. Posts like yours give me and I'm sure many others hope who are just getting started that there is a life of sobriety that is so much greater, happier, peaceful, meaningful than a life of drinking.