Notices

Wake up call

Old 08-16-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The last day I drank I tripped over a baby gate and face planted on a door frame and had a seizure. I know how you feel. I threw my hands in the air and said "That's it" I've been sober since. Scared the crap out of me, then I hallucinated from the withdrawals. Sometimes you have to be scared to stop, and that's ok. I'm too scared to drink again . ever. I hope you start feeling better. I felt like crap for a month.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon and you too prinz xx
Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - Day 2 is underway and at the office, but taking it easy. Actually, sitting is more comfortable than laying down. Zero cravings - I think the pain is enough of a distraction for which I am thankful. Dee's observation that this could be a blessing in disguise is a wise one. Carved out 1/2 hour this evening for some guided meditation tapes. I'll check in later...
Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in. Sorry if this is a duplicate. Day 2 is underway - at the office, sitting is actually better than laying down. No cravings - I think Dee is right that this fracture may be a blessing in disguise. Pain management is my focus - meds are making me woozy and don't like how I feel on them but it does help take the edge off my pain. Aiming to get home around 4 pm and have half hour of guided meditation tape to relax. Taking it easy for sure. I'll check in later tonight.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon BeanieBaby.

I think you're right to be cautious about the pain meds though. Hopefully you won't need them for long.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Agreed, Dee. I don't want to be on them - I feel nauseous and dizzy. Once I'm past the brunt of the pain, I'm stopping them to go to Advil. I had the med when I had a c-section and had the same ill feeling. Well, at least I'm not drinking. One day at a time.

It's nice to connect to other people and know there are other people like me wanting to get sober.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome back Beanie Baby. You Can do this! I too am hoping that I had my last day 1. Best wishes to you and I hope you feel better soon!