Notices

Mr PL's accountability thread

Old 08-20-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 11 !! I'm Day 8 so does that mean I am catching up to you? No wait, oops, I forgot...dang, you'll always be 3 days ahead of me.....and that's a good thing.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Haha. Depends how you look at it cwood, once we get to month and years we'll be at the same point, 3 days will be like a drop in the ocean.
P
Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

this is not a race...or is it?

I hear ya...and we'll get there..I know we will
Old 12-31-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A new year indeed

I am sitting here by the fire, with a glass of cold ginger beer in my hand, a happy family around me and 4.5 months sober under my belt.

There s cold beer in the fridge, plenty of wine and champagne and soon everyone will be drinking it. Not me. Not because I can't, or because of what might happen if I do, or because I have an exit plan. I never thought I'd say this, but I have now reached the point where I just don't want to. I really don't want to.

I decided to read this thread to try and see how things changed since my early posts here. I am a new person. Actually no, I m just me again, the one I used to be 20 years ago before I hopped on the rollercoaster. I am calm, peaceful, happy, energetic, fun.

Being sober allowed me to start doing a lot of things I love but had forgotten about. I spent the morning skateboarding with my kids today, I am setting up a business, I spend time doing something I enjoy every single day.

I have new friends, some I met here on SR. I am closer to my old friends, turns out they don't really care if I m drinking or not.

Next year will be exciting. For the first time in my adult life I am starting with nothing I need to fix. It s all forward from now on.

That took 4.5 months. Before it felt like it would take forever, but now it feels like "before" was a life time ago. Life may play its tricks in the future, I may be tempted to drink, but for now I am dead sure 2017 will be a new year indeed.

Happy new year everyone, it is your and only your choice to make 2017 be exactly as you want to.

Mr P
Old 12-31-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job Mr PL
Old 12-31-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy new year Mr PL

D