Notices

Feeling devastated and hopeless

Old 08-16-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
The first step is what are you going to do about the problem. The problem is not your girlfriend or neighbors or land lord. These are symptoms of untreated alcoholism. Alcoholism is progressive it only gets worse. Every time we think we have hit our bottom we find one that is lower.

What is your plan to get and stay sober?
My plan is to go to meetings everyday. It feels like a really difficult time right now but I know I have to have a plan in place. I know I have to get better but I can't stop thinking of how bad I screwed things up when they could've been avoided although I'd probably eventually slip into the same patterns. I just wanna feel well, sane, and happy with myself. I have no real support group as all my friends drink/use so that's where AA comes in. I think also I have to get over the shame of feeling like I need something like AA but I do.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

please please feel free to talk to me. if you need more sober/clean friends then i would love to be there for u <3

Last edited by Dee74; 08-16-2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: pm
Old 08-16-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My landlord just called me telling me to expect a heavy fine or worse. My days are looking kinda bleak. I can't catch a break right now. I know I can't drink I just feel so damn low. Like nothing can go right. Before all this happened me and the girl would alternate our places and rent them out for needed money. Now that's gone down the tubes as well so I'm impacted financially. Last week at this time everything seemed like it might be on the up and up and then one weekend changed it all. I'm so lost.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
My landlord just called me telling me to expect a heavy fine or worse. My days are looking kinda bleak. I can't catch a break right now. I know I can't drink I just feel so damn low. Like nothing can go right. Before all this happened me and the girl would alternate our places and rent them out for needed money. Now that's gone down the tubes as well so I'm impacted financially. Last week at this time everything seemed like it might be on the up and up and then one weekend changed it all. I'm so lost.
you must make sobriety & protecting yourself the #1 priority. please remember this! i hope u have a support system u can reach out to for some kind of help..
Old 08-16-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2southTV View Post
you must make sobriety & protecting yourself the #1 priority. please remember this! i hope u have a support system u can reach out to for some kind of help..
I don't unfortunately so that's why I walked in the doors of that first meeting yesterday. I'm not sure who to turn to. Right now I'm just hoping this all doesn't get too much worse. We had all these plans including this coming weekend for my birthday with friends. I was making a bit of money, got my dog back, my girl back and now that's all gone. Not gonna be my best birthday. I guess it's going to be a birthday of a different sort for me this year. Saying goodbye to all the bs that got me to this point and starting a new life. That's my only option left even though it's going to be the biggest hardship I've gone through. I appreciate the support guys. I really do.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

My plan is to go to meetings everyday. It feels like a really difficult time right now but I know I have to have a plan in place. I know I have to get better but I can't stop thinking of how bad I screwed things up when they could've been avoided although I'd probably eventually slip into the same patterns. I just wanna feel well, sane, and happy with myself. I have no real support group as all my friends drink/use so that's where AA comes in. I think also I have to get over the shame of feeling like I need something like AA but I do.
I would highly suggest getting a sponsor. Find someone who has long term sobriety, has worked the steps, is happy with their life and who they are, and has the time for you.

Early sobriety is a rocky road and to have a guide will be a huge help because there will come a time in the not too distant future where alcohol will seam like a solution again
Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
I would highly suggest getting a sponsor. Find someone who has long term sobriety, has worked the steps, is happy with their life and who they are, and has the time for you.

Early sobriety is a rocky road and to have a guide will be a huge help because there will come a time in the not too distant future where alcohol will seam like a solution again
Thank you. I appreciate that advice. I will do that. I've never given quitting an actual chance before so this will be first real attempt and I'm beyond excited.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Mikah. I am new to SR and new to trying recovery for the second time. I don't know if it helps, but you're not alone. I am in a similar situation right now because of my actions last weekend. I wish I could go back in time and change a single 6 hour period and things would be so different or would they? Probably not, just delayed until the next time unless I quit drinking for good.

Hang in there. I've seen the good side years back and was sober for about 5 years and life was much better. I hope to get there soon again.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That's awesome Qunicy! Keep going. Today is much better and these meetings really help. God is good and I've already seen my prayers being answered. I've never really given myself a real chance to change and now it feels like I'm doing that. This devastation has been my motivation and that is what I needed.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I don't unfortunately so that's why I walked in the doors of that first meeting yesterday. I'm not sure who to turn to. Right now I'm just hoping this all doesn't get too much worse. We had all these plans including this coming weekend for my birthday with friends. I was making a bit of money, got my dog back, my girl back and now that's all gone. Not gonna be my best birthday. I guess it's going to be a birthday of a different sort for me this year. Saying goodbye to all the bs that got me to this point and starting a new life. That's my only option left even though it's going to be the biggest hardship I've gone through. I appreciate the support guys. I really do.
You worded it perfectly. Getting rid of al the bs that got me to this point. One word is advice. When you get rid of the bs there is not a lot of things left over. There will be a large vacuum which it is critical to fill. I can only speak for myself but I filled it with AA. If I wasn't eating, sleeping, or working I was at AA. Slowly but surely I ventured out into the real world and today I have a balanced life which AA is a necessary part of but my life is so much more than AA
Old 08-17-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Mikah
My initial; sober life was challenging cos I had a lot of consequences from my drinking to sort out...

but I stuck with it...and I got a life now beyond what I could ever have dreamed of then.

Stay with us - and have faith...you're on the right road now

D