Notices

whatever

Old 08-18-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm here. I actually walked to the liquor store in the middle of a thunderstorm tonight because I didn't think I could get through the night without any beer and couldn't bring myself to call 911. It sucks. I''m sure I'll be fine tho.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm. Maybe post BEFORE ya go buy your grog next time.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Hmmmmm. Maybe post BEFORE ya go buy your grog next time.
Sorry, you're probably right. Some people were just asking me to check in.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not really apparent to me whether you bought beer or not, but I'm gonna go with you did?

I'll share a little of my story anyway - if it's not relevant to you it might help someone else

For as long as I kept convincing myself I needed to drink, I drank, cl.

If you're really in a place where you feel it's unsafe if you don't drink, you need professional help.

The longer you put off making changes, real changes, the harder it's going to get, man.

I've done that walking in a thunderstorm thing too...you really need to put that 'walking in a thunderstorm' level of determination into not drinking if you want to get anywhere, cl.

D
Old 08-18-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cl9000 View Post
Sorry, you're probably right. Some people were just asking me to check in.
Yeah. We all want you to check in. But we want you to check in before you go buy beer and drink it so we can help ya. It's great you're checking in now, but the horse has bolted. You've just come here to tell us about the problem. If you actually post when you're just considering it, maybe you'd find some solutions instead. You want to live in the problem, or find a solution?
Why not check in every day when you DON'T need it, and maybe one day you won't get to the stage when you do it. I haven't drank in almost 2 and a half years. I do my recovery work daily nonetheless, part of which is reading and posting on here, because if I don't then I won't stay in the frame of mind I'm in, and chances are that I'd forget that alcohol isn't the answer (to anything) for me, and I'll drink again.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi cl, when I think about drinking, I think of the darkness, the loneliness and the despair, don't stay there cl, come and join us in the light, you will be amazed at how much better life is.... Elle