Old 08-18-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting somewhere lobrien

D
Old 08-18-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great stuff!

When I was quitting weed I also kept some in the house, I found that the desperation of not having it made me more likely to call a dealer and to end up smoking, but eventually got rid of it all.

Something that could potentially help, once you get more confident with your recovery in a few days you may say to yourself: "ok, I'm done, now I'll just finish what I've got left and no more". It happenned to me a few times and you can probably guess how it ended...

Keep going! Nice to see things turning for you!

P
Old 08-18-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I totally agree! I've been isolating myself because of that very reason. But now that I found this sight, I feel alot less lonely. Best of luck!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Welcome Lobrien! You will find lots of support on SR. A good place to start would be the August class. You will find others who have decided to get sober this month as well.
I wanna second what Delilah said--if you haven't already, come join the August class! Lots of great people who are at the same place as you in their quest for sobriety. Would love to see you there!!

A thought on the ex... You said the therapist pointed out that he was emotionally abusing you. I am not a therapist but it sounds to me like maybe he still is, even though he's not actually around to do it in person. The only person who can control how another makes you feel is you. Easier said than done, I know, but it really helped me when I realized that I had a choice in how I reacted to their people. Does that even make sense? Anyway, glad you're here. Keep coming back!!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Elisha

Thanks for your message how do I join the August class ?
Your message kinda makes sense I guess I am letting him abuse me from afar by allowing myself to pine over him after everything he did , trouble is I still blame myself for a lot of stuff . Always blame myself for stuff , the old adage it takes two to tango and no smoke without fire. He ended the relationship in the end and said it was because we hurt each other too much, all I could see was that he hurt me. Seen some stuff on Facebook today also re him that has got to me so today not as good a day as yesterday. But like you say it is my choice whether I let it hurt me I suppose.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sorry spelt your name wrong Elicia
Old 08-18-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-8.html
Old 08-18-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lobrien View Post
Sorry spelt your name wrong Elicia
Its all good. Thats how I spelled my name when I was in kindergarten. Sound it out, right! LOL!