Notices

Sweetichicks Accountability Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I stuffed up again. Drank 2 bottles of wine.Back to day one. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Are you trying to drink yourself to death?
Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Are you trying to drink yourself to death?
I don’t know Least. Sometimes I wonder that.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I stuffed up again. Drank 2 bottles of wine.Back to day one. Thanks for all the help everyone.
why'd you drink again? Did you try anything before drinking again?
Old 04-09-2019, 08:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
why'd you drink again? Did you try anything before drinking again?
I had been hanging out all day and finally gave in at 6pm.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've been there and done that many a times. It wasn't until I actually accepted and took positive action(no matter how uncomfortable) that drinking was 85% the cause of my lifes troubles and mindset(so don't do that)that i 'got better'. Until then.. I just kept on.. I hope you get it figured out and actually start working towards a positive life.. I stayed 'stuck' far too long. Best wishes..own it.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

you seem to make it to the store for booze,to the doctors for appointments, and out to get food. yet making F2F meetings-cant do it.

what happened with the counseling and rehab things??
Old 04-10-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

since you revived your three year old accountability thread a few days ago, did you consider USING it on a daily basis? did you consider posting here about thinking about drinking? you have been given an arsenal tools to defend against the next drink.....but no one came make you use them.

from the AA Big Book:
Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental defense against the first drink. Except in a few rare cases, neither he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense must come from a Higher Power.

until we surrender to the notion that we can are defenseless against alcohol and that we NEED help, the disease will win. surrender is an ACTION step, it means going to any lengths to stay sober. seek any and all help. put aside the "i got this" ego and take whatever help is offered. sobriety doesn't just happen. it's hard work. every.single.day.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Why not do something proactive--either for yourself or others--instead of "hanging out" when you are craving? That's a clear recipe for relapse, don't you think Sweeti?

I don't think I could have been successful in early sobriety without filling my former drinking time with light physical activity, self-care, and I also chose to offer support to others struggling on SR with some of my free time as that service also helped / helps my own recovery. I've seen you post to others some--what about spending a few hours doing that?

I'm not holding myself up as a model at all, but just sharing my experience which seems to be working--there are many things I could have done better, I still have a huge problem with procrastination, and I still would have cravings or depression even with filling up the time, but it is much easier, I feel better about myself, and I'm building a life without drinking as a part of it. That all has to happen bit by bit, and it is work and struggle at times. You just have to accept that part and realize that it will pass.

I think your honesty about not being sure if you want to drink yourself to death is important. If you don't clearly want to stop, and are willing to back up that wish with will and action, it won't happen, and the disease will kill you in the end. I faced that same choice and I know how bleak and scary and alone you feel. You just want the pain to stop, and you think maybe death will do that. And it will, but not without lots of suffering first.

There is another choice, harder in the beginning but infinitely more rewarding in the long term. You know what you need to do, but are you willing to do it, discomfort, boredom and all? That does pass and life gets so much better, but the tough part you do have to walk on your own and honestly.

You are fully capable of full recovery. I believe you have a lot to offer the world, and you have survived and learned so much, as we all do, from living with addiction. It is a strangely-wrapped gift, as Anne has said so many times on this list.

I wouldn't trade the lessons of my addiction at this point, and I am grateful for each day of recovery I enjoy now.

Life can be good--Life is good-right now in this moment.
Wishing you peace and healing--please make it happen.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am glad you are still posting here but you need to post before you drink and you also need to use the correct term, you relapsed, you didn't slip up or stuff up or any other term you care to use that minimizes what happened. Each time you relapse it takes you one step closer to death, I know that's harsh but I don't know what else to say to make you value your own life.

Are you actually going to therapy at the rehab center? I've asked about it three times I'd really appreciate an answer.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

This time has to be my last.

I'm having bad liver pains and arent in a good shape physically.

I nearly drank myself to death this time

I have no idea how to stop this insanity; except no alcohol period.

its the only solution except death.

I don't want to be another statistic.
I just realized this thread and these comments you made were nearly THREE years ago and it scares me.

Sweeti. In those three years you have constantly been drinking. Each post mentions you 'slipping'. These aren't slips, as you are doing them every couple of days. You are at this point simply drinking. You're not relapsing. Do you want to be sober more than you want to drink? I ask this to many people on here, but in your case this is most definitely a life or death situation and your answer will result in you living, or jumping into an early grave.

You are killing yourself.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

You said: Drank 2 bottles of wine.Back to day one. Thanks for all the help everyone.

What does this mean? - "Thanks for all the help everyone."

If every member of this forum replied to you, gave you suggestions, shared their experience, had pity on you, or even came, sat, and held your hand, we couldn't do what it takes for you to quit drinking.

When your good times are spent nursing the bottle, you'll know it beyond a shadow of a doubt. It'll kick your butt once and for all and you'll cry out for help and mean it.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

I struggled for a lot of years too so it's not news to me someone else might as well.

The way out for me was change.

How are you doing today sweetichick?

D
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good today Dee. I had a time of whiteknuckling.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I was good with the drinking. I only have to last till 5pm as I need a loan to continue drinking.Much easier than 10 pm.I am planning a special treat on payday for the cost of the loan. This is harder for me than giving up smoking.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

not sure what you mean with the last post sweetichick - can you explain 'good with the drinking' and the 5 pm/10 pm thing?

D
Old 04-11-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
not sure what you mean with the last post sweetichick - can you explain 'good with the drinking' and the 5 pm/10 pm thing?

D
I haven't drink today. Need a loan and the shop shuts at 5. The pub stays opeñ till 10. Sorry for not explaining it properly and thanks for asking. About to go to bed and try and catch a few hours sleep.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I am planning a special treat on payday for the cost of the loan.

a Big Book would be a great investment in your sobriety.....
Old 04-11-2019, 09:09 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm with Anvilhead on the Big Book investment. My Big Book got me out of the problem and into the solution.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I am planning a special treat on payday for the cost of the loan.

a Big Book would be a great investment in your sobriety.....
A great idea guys but I already have the 3rd and 4th edition plus Living Sober. Thanks for the suggestion.