Notices

Sweetichicks Accountability Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 02:27 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Sweetichick,

I read your thread most days and totally admire the way you keep on posting. I am in a totally black space mentally & soon physically no doubt. I stopped posting here because basically I have been relapsing pretty consistently since December and just couldn't allow my poor ego
to have to admit to anything, so massive kudos to you and I to have put and end to my avoidance in admitting my drinking again.

I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday, I am hoping to find a rehab that will give me some sort of inexpensive kick start to recovery. Or even a detox. My drinking has reached such a pinnacle that I cannot stop alone safely.

My husband has gone he can't stand it any longer and to be quite honest
he has given me so many chances. I couldn't expect any more, though I hope if I give recovery my all this time that we may be friends again in time. My mother is now in a nursing home. Her dementia leaves it unsafe for her to be at home, it kills me.

However, sorry not trying to take your thread over with my own private pity party.

Take care. Sweeti, give it your all this time and so shall I. We deserve recovery, we all do.

SP xx
Old 05-12-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Sweetichick,

I read your thread most days and totally admire the way you keep on posting. I am in a totally black space mentally & soon physically no doubt. I stopped posting here because basically I have been relapsing pretty consistently since December and just couldn't allow my poor ego
to have to admit to anything, so massive kudos to you and I to have put and end to my avoidance in admitting my drinking again.

I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday, I am hoping to find a rehab that will give me some sort of inexpensive kick start to recovery. Or even a detox. My drinking has reached such a pinnacle that I cannot stop alone safely.

My husband has gone he can't stand it any longer and to be quite honest
he has given me so many chances. I couldn't expect any more, though I hope if I give recovery my all this time that we may be friends again in time. My mother is now in a nursing home. Her dementia leaves it unsafe for her to be at home, it kills me.

However, sorry not trying to take your thread over with my own private pity party.

Take care. Sweeti, give it your all this time and so shall I. We deserve recovery, we all do.

SP xx
Hi Peacan. So sorry To hear your husband has left. And about your mother.The doctors will be a good start. Maybe he can give you Valium. Your husband may come back if you stop. I always drank around my partners being there would get found out.
This thread has helped me at least cut down.. its nice to know I am not the only one relapsing. Never give up trying. Thank you for reading my thread. I will give it my all this time.