Notices

Sweetichicks Accountability Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

then try it! here's the thing, whether you drink or not, the ISSUES remain...and the sooner you can engage in a sober, appropriate manner, the sooner you can have so many "issues" to run away from.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I had a 3 day binge after failing my assessment. I have a week to fix it but have another assessment 2 weeks afterwards. I just get filled with fear and anxiety everytime I look at it. Maybe its part of my bipolar. Maybe I am just not smart enough. Now I have to keep drinking till I see my psychiatrist again as I have no valium and are scared of seizures. The withdrawals were unbelievable today till I took a drink. I feel like such a failure, like I'm just hopeless.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Plus me and my boyfriend are having problems. He had to drag me into my bed last night after I passed out on the carpet. I'm so embarassed. That has never happened to me before. He says he is not interested in a relationship with a drunk and can't understand what the problem is.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Sweetchicks,

I am sorry this happened and I do feel for you. I understand you are having a lot of stress which drives you to drinking, but does it really make anything better?

Have a look at this thread again, see how much more positive your posts looked around day 3. Then the assignment came and you relapsed. This is behind you now, please try and stop drinking and get back to Day 1.

You can do this.

P
Old 08-17-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought you were seeing your shrink yesterday?

I think the idea to drink until you can see the Dr again is a pretty bad idea - a bad idea for your results, a bad idea for your health and a bad idea for your well being.

Can't you call them and stress it's an emergency?

D
Old 08-17-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

Don't drink Sweetchick x
Old 08-17-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SC, you were doing just fine with the wd/s and got to what day 5 or day 6? i understand the anxiety and lack of sleep are difficult to manage, but they are NOT AN EXCUSE or a green light to drink. now after a 3 day binge of course your body is a mess.

you do not have to drink. you continue to make that choice over any other manner or method of DEALING with your feelings and emotions. and honey, it ain't working. i think you have built your "problem" up in your head so much, you believe you are hopeless, which you are not. you simply MUST refuse to drink, for any reason.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I had a 3 day binge after failing my assessment. I have a week to fix it but have another assessment 2 weeks afterwards. I just get filled with fear and anxiety everytime I look at it. Maybe its part of my bipolar. Maybe I am just not smart enough. Now I have to keep drinking till I see my psychiatrist again as I have no valium and are scared of seizures. The withdrawals were unbelievable today till I took a drink. I feel like such a failure, like I'm just hopeless.
im not sure i understand how you failed when you said a couple days ago

My assessment came back with all the mistakes highlighted so it shouln't take too long to fix up.

no, you dont have to keep drinking until you see your psych nor is it caused by being bi polar- waaaaaaayyyy too many people with bi polar who are sober to use that as an excuse.

youre not a failure and youre not hopeless. you quite smart.all you did,imo, is what alcoholics who havent surrendered do- take the easier softer, that does nothing but make everything worse.

i hope you decide to stop the cycle of insanity before you no longer need an excuse to drink.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My assignment didn't actually come back with the mistakes highlighted; I got a one page typed letter from the teacher. And I missed my psychiatrist apppointment as I slept thru my alarm. I think you are right that I am blowing this out of proportion. Last night I was awake till 3 am filled with anxiety and terror. Not sure what I was so scared of.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This is my new accountability thread

Thanks for all the motivation guys. Today is day 2 and I managed to at least wash my hair. I actually slept ok last night. I just hand it all over to my Hp. Plus I cut out sleeping through the day. I still don't know if I will ever make a sound recovery. But I can't just give up. One day at a time. Hope everyone is well and sober.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, sweeti!
Glad you are here with us! Just take it ODAAT and the days will add up.
Hope you are feeling well, too!♡
Old 04-08-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you are here sweetichick.. keep posting!
Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You can do it if you make up your mind to do it and stick to your resolution.

Wishing you every success Sweeti-
Old 04-08-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome Sweetichick. Glad you're here.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Really happy to see you post here Sweeti! Keep it up everyday even if you don't really have anything to report, I think it would really help.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Support, care, understanding to you with
thoughts and prayers.

Grab recovery by the horns and don't let go.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How are you today, Sweeti!
Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're with you, Sweeti. Hoping for lasting sobriety & a better life for you.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti, glad you are starting an accountability thread again. I too am thinking of doing one myself. Although I just started posting, I've been following your story for a while. I'm glad to finally have courage to post.We can do this! Stronger together!
Old 04-09-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sweeti....so glad you are posting in an accountability thread. I am thinking it will help. I need to start one for my binge eating. I am on Day 2 of eating healthy. Can you get out and walk at all? I try to run and that really helps me. Off for a run this morning and will be praying for you!