Notices

I know it's time but struggle to stop drinking

Old 08-15-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Your story sounds a lot like mine, and we're close in age. I posted on Sunday that I am terrified that it is going to take something horrible (for some reason the just generally terrible consequences haven't convinced me yet) to cause the major change. I like what the mentors say about the elevator going all the way down and you can get off at any time.

I am no expert and am only on (another) Day 2 myself. But I have read thousands of posts on here and have yet to see the one that says "the drinking was causing progressively worse problems.... but I kept on drinking and nothing got worse." That is what keeps me trying.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=

I am no expert and am only on (another) Day 2 myself. But I have read thousands of posts on here and have yet to see the one that says "the drinking was causing progressively worse problems.... but I kept on drinking and nothing got worse." That is what keeps me trying.[/QUOTE]

Trying to get sober that is - I am NOT trying to be the one person in the history of alcoholics who kept drinking and life went great!
Old 08-15-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovetolisten View Post
Trying to get sober that is - I am NOT trying to be the one person in the history of alcoholics who kept drinking and life went great!
Hi lovetolisten,

I've seen your posts and I know well how hard this is. Find the motivation inside you and stick to it, you'll start seeing the benefits more and more as time goes by.

Life can look amazing going forward, if you are in a situation similar to mine then it's really only up to you.

I realised I will not forgive myself later if I don't do this now, seems like you have too. Now go for it!

P