Notices

Detox was a bust.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can do this Del!!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad to hear all the things you are going to do and support have. Keeping an open mind about what can work for us is tough at the beginning (it took me aaaaaages to get my butt into AA for real). You can do this!!
Old 08-11-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep I had to learn the hard way as most of us do that I don't always know what's best and I can't and don't have to do it alone. Aa overall has been very good for me. Sometimes I find it triggering but my counselor really hit the point home to me about examining what makes me uncomfortable and facing things one at a time and working through them.
I really liked Dees post too about relief and respite. I know I've spent a lifetime smothering my pain or running away from it.
Alcohol was the easiest answer for me. It was always there when I needed it.
Discomfort isn't something that always needs fixing or avoiding. If I don't keep trying to avoid it I'll never get past my addictions. I have rough times ahead of me. But I know now that it's worth working through them because I have a lot to give back.
Glad to be here. Less glad that I drank so much last night but I'm back on the path. Thanks for all the kind words everyone