SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feeling down? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/395789-feeling-down.html)

Lightning Bug 08-09-2016 10:58 AM

Feeling down?

Put a little WD40 and some elbow grease on a task or project you have been procrastinating on. You will have an endorphin explosion when you sit back and see what you have accomplished.

I just steam cleaned my carpets. I never could have accomplished that while 3 sheets to the wind. The only time my carpet saw any action from me was when I spilled wine all over it and scrubbed it hard with a magic eraser and Dial hand soap.

Tip of the Day: Dial hand soap doesn't get wine out of carpet AND magic erasers are not meant for scrubbing carpets. They disintegrate into teeny pieces so fast and create a false impression that you really cleaned something. You really didn't.

So what did you tackle today and win?

Lightning Bug 08-09-2016 11:34 AM

Come on now... share your successes! It feels good!

PurpleKnight 08-09-2016 11:36 AM

That post made me chuckle Lightning Bug!! :lmao:

This evening when I got home from work I did a clear out of old bank statements and bills . . . it's usually a once a year thing, but the satisfaction is amazing, all my most recent letters all organised and the older stuff shredded!! :)

sleepie 08-09-2016 11:36 AM

I started a whole thread on my latest advancement in sobriety. It relates to exercise and diet, also are you "earthlinks" here too?

Darwinia 08-09-2016 11:37 AM

I went to the driving range and hit a few buckets of balls. Laid off a bit from golf, the 19th hole too much of a temptation. Hit the ball well and straight and felt good afterwards.

Lightning Bug 08-09-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by sleepie (Post 6084517)
I started a whole thread on my latest advancement in sobriety. It relates to exercise and diet, also are you "earthlinks" here too?

Yes that is me! I was able to connect with Anna and she restored my old account. I will look for your thread!

Lightning Bug 08-09-2016 12:35 PM

Ok, I am padding this thread with my accomplishments today. I went to the grocery store with two little heathens aged 7 and 8 and I didn't lose my cool and scream when we accidently went down the cookie aisle looking for Tide. Go me!

Soberwolf 08-09-2016 12:42 PM

Go you !

sleepie 08-09-2016 01:36 PM

That's great Bug :)

nova84 08-09-2016 01:52 PM

I had planned to go for a run at the weekend but didn't...then I planned to go for a run this morning before work but didn't...I eventually did made it out for a run this evening after work...finally, cue the sense of accomplishment 🤗

Mountainmanbob 08-09-2016 02:24 PM

Finished working on some exterior doors that I have been dragging on. Got a crew up here to put a new awning on our trailer trailer. Wife and I met my sponsor and his wife for lunch. All that with not much sleep last night. Feeling good about it all.

M-Bob

fred59 08-09-2016 02:47 PM

painted some posts on my awning that were rusting I have put this off for to long and now they brand new

fred59 08-09-2016 02:49 PM

I drove to a public place to sell some stuff, I found out this person swindled his mom out of her house it got me a little nervous, luckily it went smooth.

Dame 08-09-2016 03:35 PM

Wine on the carpet. Now here's a bit of awful irony:

If it was red wine apparently the best thing to get it out is WHITE WINE. I can't imagine the dread of maintaining sobriety while being compelled to buy more alcohol to clean the carpet. There's probably even a joke in there somewhere, but I can't think of it :(

D122y 08-09-2016 04:06 PM

Me.....

I got up at 215 am. After about 5 hours of sleep....went to work...did my best...came home, avoided a fight w my poor wife (she actually works for her money), took a nap.

Not feeling 100% so, going to relax and watch some tv, eat, and do it again tomorrow. Yay...

least 08-09-2016 04:12 PM

Paid the rent and some bills. :) Paid my car insurance for the next year. :) Makes me feel good to put them in the mail. :)

tomsteve 08-09-2016 04:22 PM

constructed a water park for my great nephew, cut the lawn, watered the flowers, did a couple needed repairs around the house, tinkered with a hobby, then went bonkers and joined my great nephew in tbe water park. great day for it! mid 80's and sunny!

[IMG]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6gimal6h.jpg[/IMG]

sleepie 08-09-2016 04:35 PM

Was keeping it a secret but I even got some art pieces done and off to be sold last week.

FarToGo 08-10-2016 11:43 AM

Took good care of myself this evening, bad day at work with unresolved issues and feeling very down when I got home. So............ felt blue and acknowledged it. Took myself to bed for an hour, slept, woke, walked the dog, cooked a proper meal and lit a nice fire. TLC for me, MUCH better than hitting the bottle.
Great thread.
xx

butcher70 08-10-2016 02:57 PM

Rough day yesterday on top of a 18hour work day. Worked on a push-up and heavy bag work out. Than tire flip and sledhammer workout. I smell like the monkey cage at the zoo at am sweating out Gatorade s fast as I put it in. Gonna have deer streak and ice cream and sit on my lazy butt the rest of the evening.