Notices

day 18 opiate free

Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 18 opiate free

Hello, this is my first post. I have read so many threads here and you have all helped me through this time. I am suffering from low, depressed feelings, anxiety, I don't want to get off my couch , Nothing makes me happy. I know exercise helps but I can't bring myself to do it. The worst part is, I have a 9 year old son and just let him veg out all day because I'm feeling so ******, which Is so selfish but Idk what to do or how to do it . Can anyone help? Thabk you
Old 08-09-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by nooney View Post
Hello, this is my first post. I have read so many threads here and you have all helped me through this time. I am suffering from low, depressed feelings, anxiety, I don't want to get off my couch , Nothing makes me happy. I know exercise helps but I can't bring myself to do it. The worst part is, I have a 9 year old son and just let him veg out all day because I'm feeling so ******, which Is so selfish but Idk what to do or how to do it . Can anyone help? Thabk you
Way to go on 18 days! Opiate withdrawal from what I understand is so very hard. You have come so far!

Oh how I know how you feel. I am home for "vacation" or what I like to call recuperation from a month in rehab. My kids are glued to TV and Minecraft.

I have been trying to do little things with them throughout the day. Maybe you could try doing that with your son? Remember you only have to go through this once. Take time and rest. Eat well. Stay hydrated. And love on your son. You both need that.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 18 days...this is huge!!!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am proud I've made it 18 days but man this depression and anxiety and lack of energy of joy is killing me
Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad, but be proud of your recovery and how well you are doing. Try to do something small today, perhaps going for a walk with your child or out for an ice-cream treat. Take things slowly and you'll get through this.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Opiate withdrawal is very hard on us. It will take time for your brain to adjust to the change in brain chemistry.
You may want to go to your doctor and get a checkup and discuss what you are going through. Whatever you do, don't start taking opiates again. It will put you back to having to go through withdrawal again.

What helped me was taking a good multi vitamin, eating good food, not fast food, and some light exercising, maybe a walk with your son.

Best wishes.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

When I was recovering from acute alcohol withdrawal, I put together jigsaw puzzles with my wife. It was a way to be connected and do something together, but it was easy to go at my own pace, while on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. I know 8 year olds are kind of high energy, and a puzzle might be asking too much of him. But, it is worth a try. It will give you something to do together, and the problem solving aspect of it may help your brain begin to "wake up."
Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Noony congratulations on day 18 your doing really well
Old 08-09-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Noony, great job on Day 18!!
Old 08-09-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I never want to take another pill, I know that but I'm having a hard time with this depression ugh.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Congratulations on 18.

You feel entirely normal for where you are. It won't feel like this forever, but it won't feel better as fast as you want it to. (Been there, done that). The good news is that you never have to do it again.

My experience is that Narcotics Anonymous works. Recovery isn't about stopping, it's about making changes so we stay stopped. A time does come where not only do you not feel miserable, you actually feel pretty darned good. You have to persevere to get there, but the good news is there is help if you want it and are willing to do whatever it takes.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Day 20 today, I'm feeling so lost, depressed and exhausted. Hate this so much.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel down but I really hope you'll feel better soon.

I have little personal experience but from other threads I know it can take a little while to feel good again from opiate withdrawal.

Day 20 is a great achievement

D
Old 08-11-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee. I feel bad being so negative, trying to stay positive, and have read so many stories which helps. It's weird how I know I used to be a happy person but now all I feel is sad and depressed with no motivation. I just want to feel normal, whatever that is. I appreciate everyone's help amd responses ,they make me feel like I'm not alone in this. So thank you all. Xoxo
Old 08-11-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have faith nooney - in the overwhelming majority of stories here, everything eventually turns out ok

D
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SweatyHands View Post
When I was recovering from acute alcohol withdrawal, I put together jigsaw puzzles with my wife. It was a way to be connected and do something together, but it was easy to go at my own pace, while on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. I know 8 year olds are kind of high energy, and a puzzle might be asking too much of him. But, it is worth a try. It will give you something to do together, and the problem solving aspect of it may help your brain begin to "wake up."
I really like this suggestion. What a great idea!!
Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good job. You're so far
Old 08-12-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was in the same situation not very long ago. Too tired, down and exhausted to do much with my 5 year old, but there were also many days like that throughout my addiction (going back obviously isn't the answer!). It just takes a little time to bounce back. That's all.

I actually experienced withdrawals, depression, fatigue and many other things for a while. After 6 weeks I started to feel better. By the time I hit 3 months I started to feel really good... as in... I haven't felt this good in YEARS good.

Good things come to those who wait. In the meantime, just do what you can for now and don't feel bad about it. Surround yourself with the right people and hold on to your recovery for dear life. It will eventually come. Who knows.... a few months down the road and your kid just might have a hard time keeping up with YOU.