Notices

Continue To Set Goals

Old 08-07-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Continue To Set Goals

In the beginning I always thought that if I could just get sober my life would just be perfect and back to how it used to be! That is the farthest thing from the truth.. and I don't say that to discourage anyone.. because let me say next that my life is a MILLION times better then I ever imagined it could be a year out, but it takes work..and you can NEVER stop working...

I continue to see my doctor that specializes in addiction, continue to see my psychiatrist to keep my co-existing mental illnesses under control, and continue to go to counseling to continue to grow as a person.

One thing I continue to do to make sure that I don't get complacent or get to comfortable in my recovery is I set daily, weekly, monthly, and life goals. Being able to set a goal, work towards it, and achieve it is a feeling I cannot describe. The daily goals are because 1) I just love to do lists and love crossing things off and 2) because it gets too easy to just start putting life off and or start to isolate or slide backwards. These daily goals keep me accountable not to anyone, but to MYSELF.

Continue to strive to better yourself, we can always continue to grow. You will NEVER regret growing as a person, bettering yourself, experiencing life, or truly finding new hobbies or things in life that you were always afraid to pursue. YOU are the only one that can change your life, fix your problems, and NEVER repeat past mistakes. I know that taking life on can be scary, but nothing that was worth it was ever easy! Drugs were easy, they allowed us to escape, feel good, and feel invincible... Drugs created an illusion..recovery can help you create a new reality.

I hope everyone starts their week on the right foot. Continue to fight for your happiness and to reach your goals, no one but YOU can do it, so give it your all.

Adeline.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post AR...thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Adeline I always look forward to your posts
Old 08-08-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Adeline. I start each week by writing down my goals and then emailing the list to a supportive person. At the end of the week, I give her feedback on what' s been achieved. It makes a huge difference.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all I feel like if I said this to any that has not experienced addiction they would look at me like I had three heads and be like ummmm..... but you all are the best and are always so damn supportive I don't know what I would do without this site and all of you!

Endless- Awesome! I am so happy that you have a supportive friend you can lean on and discuss, be honest, and tell your short comings, achievements, and personal growth with! How amazing Keep up the amazing work!
Old 08-08-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic Adeline!!