Notices

So instead of progressing I have regressed lol :-(

Old 08-07-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smilax.

IF you can't stop drinking for a little while, PLEASE STOP THE ATIVAN NOW. I combined one bottle of wine (+ a little extra, like you) per night plus Ativan. The Ativan ran out or I lost it, went on a booze bender, decided to quit Cold Turkey. 3 days later I got to the ER just in time to have a withdrawal seizure. 6 days in the ICU. They said that benzo withdrawals cause worse seizures than booze. Combine them and you are begging for serious trouble. At least put down one of these substances, now, for good.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm very new to recovery but have to say I'm truly scared for you and this combination of booze and pills, people accidentally OD all the time and washing down Ativan with alcohol is just playing with fire. I really really hope you stay here with us and fight!
Old 08-07-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dame View Post
Smilax.

IF you can't stop drinking for a little while, PLEASE STOP THE ATIVAN NOW. I combined one bottle of wine (+ a little extra, like you) per night plus Ativan. The Ativan ran out or I lost it, went on a booze bender, decided to quit Cold Turkey. 3 days later I got to the ER just in time to have a withdrawal seizure. 6 days in the ICU. They said that benzo withdrawals cause worse seizures than booze. Combine them and you are begging for serious trouble. At least put down one of these substances, now, for good.
Thank you! I agree. Or part of me does. The more sober side of me does. However even when I'm drunk I think of taking some to heighten the feeling. That or over the counter sleeping pills. Dimenhydrinate. Either way is bad. Sometimes I wonder if I will need to end up in the ER before my life turns around? That sound incredibly stupid considering my skill set and potentiall. But I see it as a reality. And of course I fully realize that not everyone who ends up in the ER ends up alive. Though I'm in denial so I don't feel that is likely for me even if it is??? And all of this is so stupid as I live such a blessed and coddled like :-( Although I suppose if there is one thing celebrities have taught us it's that suffering and dependence does not correlate with socioeconomic status.