Notices

I can see this getting old

Old 08-06-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It won't get old! It never ceases to amaze me how patient some of these regular posters are here with longer term sobriety - !!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mandy73 View Post
Im also eating everything in sight lol prob not the best but whatever gets me through this initial phase I think is better than taking a drink?
Saturday nights, for years, were set aside as my drinking time. Since calling it quits in June, Saturday nights have become 44oz blue raspberry slushee nights, haha. Whatever gets you through is better than taking a drink! Absolutely.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The Broken Road

Mandy, honey: Things feel rough right now. We get that. You might be asking yourself: Why? Why, me, why this, etc...and then you might be asking HOW? How do I get off this broken road I'm on....? Hey, maybe you FEEL broken, tired, weary. We get that.

I sometimes remind myself that the broken road can lead a person to amazing places; better places. It's easy to get DISCOURAGED...We get that too. But, TRUST your journey. There's REASON you stopped drinking and there are many darn good reasons not to drink anymore. Hang in, trust your journey and learn to trust the broken road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vZlrBYLSU