Notices

Nervous about being alone

Old 08-05-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So much great advice, thanks to all. Sometimes I get a little emotional thinking that people I've never met would take the time to help me out. It's really is a wonderful feeling. My cons list ends up being a lot longer than the pros when considering taking that first drink. Today I'm good. I'll take on tomorrow whenever I wake up. Thanks to everyone again 👍
Old 08-05-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I felt like that with my ex. He would leave and go out of town and I would go to the liquor store, I was only cheating and harming myself. I wasn't damaging his liver, it didn't matter that he didn't know, I was still doing it. I am single now and live alone and am sober again and only hold myself accountable. You've been drunk a million times, it's not that interesting anymore. Ya know?
Old 08-05-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by zackman View Post
So much great advice, thanks to all. Sometimes I get a little emotional thinking that people I've never met would take the time to help me out. It's really is a wonderful feeling. My cons list ends up being a lot longer than the pros when considering taking that first drink. Today I'm good. I'll take on tomorrow whenever I wake up. Thanks to everyone again ��
I'd love to see that post ,like everyday ,for at least a week
Keep truckin, you know you got this , right?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zackman View Post
My wife and daughter are taking a vacation with my in-laws. They're leaving in a few hours and will be gone until next Saturday. I'm 100 days short of a year sober and in the last almost 9 months I haven't been alone, at all. My wife would know if I was sneaking around again and that has really helped me when it comes down to it. However, I could drink the moment she left and she's not gonna know being 500 miles away. I already took my week vacation from work so there wasn't really any way I could go to be with them. I'm just not ready to be trusted I guess staying sober all by myself. I went to my bi-weekly (used to be weekly) one on one counseling session this morning, have dinner plans for 6:00 at a restaurant that doesn't serve booze and tentative plans with another friend after that. So, I feel good about today. I'm just really anxious about the next 6 �� I'm like 50% sure I can stay sober but 50% sure I'm gonna drink. I already feel like I failed because I started planning my first drink already even though I don't even want it.
Trust me on this. Go out a few nights while they are away and treat yourself to the best most extravagant food you can think of. Bring a friend, bring an ebook, or just bring the hunger and make it really count to leave satisfied. Be honest about it with whomever joins you and do not drink.

Make sure you schedule at least a 1 hour massage this week. Back, body or feet... just do it. I prefer 1 hour on the feet myself, it's heaven.

Point is to focus on pleasurable things right now, things that you absolutely LOVE to do and just have a little fun. Drinking sucks and only sucks more the next day. Plenty of better ways to spend your time off instead of zoning out with your thoughts in a F'd up fog, which will only hurt you the following day. Get creative, be excessive and enjoy the week.

Btw - Holy shiat on your 265 days sober! That's quite an accomplishment I'm looking to achieve myself.