Notices

When did your sleep patterns settle?

Old 08-03-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When did your sleep patterns settle?

I've been sleeping for 10 hours plus at night and then having an hour or two nap during the day. And I still feel tired! I've starting going for gentle walks and have been to yoga a couple of times in the last week. Trying to eat well and drink plenty of fluids.

When did your sleep patterns settle down?
Old 08-03-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess everyone might be diffrent. I have been sober for a month. I was diffrent. The first week I couldn't sleep at all. After that each night got a little better. The last week I get six or seven hours of very restful sleep and really feel like as far as sleep goes I'm getting back to normal. Hang in there I know it will get better soon😃
Old 08-03-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had bad insomnia for the first 30 days or so - but it doesn't last that long for everyone. Hang in there! Between the nighttime wakefulness and sugar cravings, it's a weird time but infinitely better than hangovers!
Old 08-03-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mine got a lot better when I started to exercise.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I had whacky sleep for the first few weeks, sometimes I couldn't sleep. Then the tired set in and like you, I slept long and napped and was still falling asleep or feeling really run down. This changed. I can't recall exactly when it changed, but it changed and by a year I could sleep normally again. That was me, we are all a bit different.

Make sure you make a sleep routine when you aren't as tired. For now, enjoy the rest and healing!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had grueling insomnia for over 2 months (I'm actually envious of your 10+hours). Now I'm taking Trazodone with weird results and afraid it will stop working.

You don't mention nightmares. So many of us have them, so I'm very glad if you don't. That's a good sign right there. Likely you're mind/body are just trying to "catch up." You'll even out
Old 08-03-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going through weird patterns. I have recovered before but had klonopin to get through it. The first time I slept a lot, this is my last and final recovery and I wake up every hour super sweaty. I'm right there with you with the sleeping problems. Hopefully, we'll get over it soon.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you are lucky you can sleep I too had insomnia and panic attacks enjoy your sleep it sounds like you are doing great
Old 08-04-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Everyone is different but roughly 1-3 months sleep starts to bed in (excuse the pun)
Old 08-04-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sober style

I'm 57 days sober. Frankly my sleep hasn't returned to what could be considered normal. I'm lucky if I string together enough 1-hour, 2-hour, 3-hour sessions to feel well rested. But then I wonder what is even normal, considering I drugged myself to sleep for the last 15 years. Even if I never get back that sweet delicious sleep I used to enjoy in the 1990s when I was younger, I can probably live with that.

And if my sleep does dramatically improve in the future, that'll just be another blessing.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Because alcohol is a central nervous system depressant, the typical response after suddenly stopping drinking (once dependence to the drug has been established) is insomnia.

However, if there's one thing I've learning the longer I hang around here, it's that everyone is different

Best solution? Eliminate alcohol from the equation, and your sleep patterns at least have a chance to settle back into a normal rhythm.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It took me about 3 months to be less tired during the day and actually get to sleep at night.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

When I got a CPAP.

KP
Old 08-04-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Took me about 3 months....I was totally exhausted in the beginning.