Notices

Alcoholism and Facebook

Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Perhaps a FB interlock device might be a good idea! I could have used one on my cell phone not all that long ago..........
Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol, Fly N Buy! I'm on FB but I can't possibly take it seriously. I like seeing pics and updates from my faraway friends and family. Sometimes there are good recipes on there as well as other useful tips. But holy crap, people show their true colors in an election year! I tend to keep my political opinions to myself so I don't understand why so many people think that posting about their candidate ad nauseum is going to change anyone's mind. It's ridiculous. I might have to unfollow a cousin or two before the election is over....
Old 08-03-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Facebook is not good for good general mental health in my opinion. We're meant to interact face to face or with our voices.
Facebook helped me take away a lot of my own dignity. I feel a lot better without it and passively wish it's time would die already.
There are far better ways to keep in REAL touch with those who matter.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
EndGame

FB.jpg
Old 08-04-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I only log in to Facebook when I'm drunk. And you can imagine the cringe worthy things I post. I had a habit of messaging ex-girlfriends even though they were clearly married or posting inappropriate things to friends's walls. I haven't seen the vast majority of my Facebook friends in person for well over 10 years so I really don't know why I bother with it at all.
This was how I used Facebook 5 years ago when I was an active alcoholic. I still get notices: "We thought you'd like to see this post from 6 years ago!" and I often cringe. Hate that.

When I got sober, I put Facebook down for a long time. Now I only share pictures from time to time. I have uninstalled the app from my phone and only log in once a week to see if there's anything interesting going on. But I rarely post.

First put down the drink. Wise decisions will follow. It's great to be on the other side of the mirror now. Hope you can get there too!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I only use Facebook for the groups they have... not at all for staying connected to family and the minute I get a political post or something that bothers me I just hide it so it doesn't keep popping up on my feed. I'm so tired of all the political stuff. Ugh!
Old 08-04-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SR is my new facebook. So much healthier for me
Old 08-04-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

FB is fine for those that like it, I like seeing family pics, but for me daily updates pics of wherever I happen to be I just can not do that. How is it that everyone is so happy anyways I was off for 4 years been back on for 4 months and I am letting it go again.