Notices

What was your poison?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I would drink anything that's alcohol. From a bottle, from a tap, off the floor..
Old 08-03-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

First it was white wine. Then I decided it was the white wine which was causing the hangovers and insane behaviour. So I switched to beer. Funnily enough, that also caused hangovers and insanity. So I switched to sparkling wine. Hmmm, same result. So I turned back to white wine. Repeat ad nauseum.
It's finally sunk in that it's the alcohol which causes hangovers and ridiculous, dangerous behaviour.
My poison now is tea, herbal teas and the occassional soft drink.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

A flammable liquid solvent.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
quat

The poison was the effect, more pointedly the identification in my mind of the effect as 'good' thing. The idea that that something was worth having. So worth it in fact that I was willing to pay mightily in mind , body and soul to have it, even after coming to realize that price would continue to mount.
I understand now that I or the part of my wiring/brain that does the identifying screwed up, chasing that effect , for me, will always start a vicious cycle ,an insane hamster wheel of a ride.
I have correctly identified that there is nothing in experiencing that effect that makes it worth it in any sense.
It's funny, but my AV tried to convince me that I'd somehow miss not having poison, what an idiot.