Notices

Weak Coffee ....Not Cool Wednesday...Not Cool!

Old 08-03-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weak Coffee ....Not Cool Wednesday...Not Cool!

Good Morning My Sober Friends!

I did end up getting a touch more sleep last night but with my postpartum anxiety and the copious amounts of antidepressants and anxiety medications I'm on, I am hunted by nightmares. 9 times out of 10 it evolves both my daughters being in danger and I can only get to one or I'm only with one of them (Classic PPA). Last night it was poisonous spiders that were crawling on my daughter...it resulted in me catching the house on fire to get rid of them. Thankfully my husband woke me up in the middle of the dream. It's just hard to deal with my new sobriety and postpartum anxiety. I know with my first daughter, that this is what started my drinking habits (I was self medicating with alcohol.) There is not much I can do to avoid any of this so I thought I would just get it off my chest. I apologize for my less than cheerful tone in this post, but I do hope all the readers out there have a wonderful day.

Day 10!!!

<----The only good spider....is a dead spider!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I completely understand. I had postpartum with both of my kids. Those dark and bleak days were heavy drinking days for me. And I had panic attacks about something bad happenin to the children too. It gets better I promise.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on double digits
Old 08-03-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I had horrible PPD. At first i didn't drink when i had ppd because i was so messed up but then after awhile i used it as a coping mechanism. Just made things worse. 7 yrs later i am a mess. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
I feel your pain. I had horrible PPD. At first i didn't drink when i had ppd because i was so messed up but then after awhile i used it as a coping mechanism. Just made things worse. 7 yrs later i am a mess. Good luck.
I actually started my drinking habit when I had PPD and then continued it through staying home with the kids until Kindergarten. I like to work, being a stay at home mom was the hardest thing I have ever done.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
I actually started my drinking habit when I had PPD and then continued it through staying home with the kids until Kindergarten. I like to work, being a stay at home mom was the hardest thing I have ever done.
Yep i agree. I am on summer vacation right now as i work at the school district and i can't wait to go back to work. I love my son to death but being a stay at home mom is not for me. I just needs that outlet even if its just for a few hours. lol.