Notices

Slipped Sunday

Old 08-02-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Slipped Sunday

I think I posted my new thread somewhere other than here a few days ago. I stopped drinking Wednesday, July 28th, 2016 and made it to Sunday. Sunday was emotionally a very hard day and I caved when I got home. Got pretty plastered. Didn't sleep well because of it. Hated myself for it.

On the plus side, I started over yesterday, Monday August 1st, 2016; and although yesterday and today were far worse than Sunday... So far I haven't touched a drop. Shocking considering these have been two days on my top 50 all time worst days of my 41 years on this planet. The next three aren't going to be any easier. Probably even harder actually as I have to once again say goodbye to my reasons for living (my grandkids) because they are moving 1500 miles away AGAIN! These kids were my biggest inspiration to get clean and now they are moving far away suddenly and unexpectedly. Prayers for extra strength to not drink the next few days would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for being here to support.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi completelynumb

I really recommend a recovery plan - you may not be able to plan for the specifics but you definitely can plan for those emotionally difficult days and stay sober

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 08-02-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I pray for you to keep the plug in the jug. Amen
Old 08-02-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Dee that coming up with a plan will help you to get through this. There hard days will come along, but you can be prepared to deal with stress and loss without drinking. I'm sorry that your grandkids are moving so far away. Maybe you can do FaceTime on a regular basis so you can keep involved in their lives.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi completelynumb

I really recommend a recovery plan - you may not be able to plan for the specifics but you definitely can plan for those emotionally difficult days and stay sober

D
Thanks. I will check it out.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
I pray for you to keep the plug in the jug. Amen
Thanks
Old 08-02-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I agree with Dee that coming up with a plan will help you to get through this. There hard days will come along, but you can be prepared to deal with stress and loss without drinking. I'm sorry that your grandkids are moving so far away. Maybe you can do FaceTime on a regular basis so you can keep involved in their lives.
I appreciate the advice.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello. Prayers of strength and patience on your journey tonight my friend. You can do this.... We all can.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Put all of that money you would have spent on the drink in a seperation account. Then use your sober time to plan a fabulous vacation to visit them!!
Old 08-02-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by REsoberALITY View Post
Hello. Prayers of strength and patience on your journey tonight my friend. You can do this.... We all can.
appreciated much
Old 08-02-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by kamm View Post
Put all of that money you would have spent on the drink in a seperation account. Then use your sober time to plan a fabulous vacation to visit them!!
Excellent idea.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Two years back I got sober on my grandsons birthday. I relish the thought they may never see me drunk - in person or via Skype / FaceTime. You see they too live very far away.

I engage with them often - we laugh at knock knock jokes - read a story or talk about their day. When the contact me - anytime - I am sober to be in the moment with them. They deserve this. Most importantly, I deserve this.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Two years back I got sober on my grandsons birthday. I relish the thought they may never see me drunk - in person or via Skype / FaceTime. You see they too live very far away.

I engage with them often - we laugh at knock knock jokes - read a story or talk about their day. When the contact me - anytime - I am sober to be in the moment with them. They deserve this. Most importantly, I deserve this.
Glad you are in the moment too.