Notices

Day 6

Old 07-31-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Well after my relapse last week I am now on day 6. I have been constantly with someone though and today I'm in it all on my very own. I had some really strong urges over the last week and hope that I'm strong enough to resist when I am alone. I'm just going to keep riding the waves and resisting temptation. I know I am strong enough and am reminding myself that it is a bad habit and that i just have to be mindful that it is a stress response and recondition myself to adopt more healthy coping mechanisms.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Loneliness is the hardest part for me too, but we aren't alone! Just keep focusing on the goal. Nothing changes if we don't put in the work Love you
Old 07-31-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"I know I am strong enough and am reminding myself that it is a bad habit and that i just have to be mindful that it is a stress response and recondition myself to adopt more healthy coping mechanisms."

You CAN do this- the clarity in that statement shows you are mindful, determined, and capable of conquering this. We can't spend the rest of our lives constantly with someone, these up coming days are just the start to the rest of your sober life and future.

Do you follow a program of recovery such as AA, Smart Recovery, Life Ring, Rational Recovery? Reading literature to the perspective program or numerous ones can help you in a weak moment, going to a meeting can connect you with others, going in online chat rooms of sober communities, calling someone and chatting on the phone are all ways to stay connected without having someone physically with you at all times. Hell you can ALWAYS come on here and connect with someone. We are all here for you, we all been through it or are currently going through it- If we all stick together WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 07-31-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Roxy - congrats on day 6

Hoping you'll be strong enough is good...but ensuring you are strong enough is better I think?

Have you thought much about a plan - loneliness/being alone might be one of the things you might look at?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 07-31-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Thank your for your support and advice. Isolation was a huge factor in my struggles so being alone was part of the pattern. I have plans that involve reaching out in different ways to different supports whilst alone (online chat. telephone counselling) when its really sever and general distraction techniques for more milder passing thoughts. The main plan of attack involves healing deep rooted childhood trauma I wasn't consciously aware of and learning to not be so critical of myself, to love myself and care for myself as much, if not more then I do others. Im feeling quite positive at the moment about this next phase of my journey of self discovery.

Thank you all again for your support :-)
Old 08-01-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Roxy