Notices

Get it off your chest

Old 07-31-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Get it off your chest

I usually only start a thread when Im troubled and I'm finding its a very therapeutic thing to do as I always feel much better soon after . Something positive happens when you get stuff out of your head onto paper so to all newcomers I urge you to post your thoughts here , vent ,rant ,let it flow onto your electronic writing pad ,type it write it ,get it out .
Old 07-31-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 07-31-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm frustrated by feeling good one day and poopy the next,need constincey in sobriety, grrr!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had an absolutely terrible, horrible fight with my brother today who just committed fraud against me.

I didn't drink.

Thank you for listening.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I too have found that talking, ranting, writing in my journal or just coming on here has really helped me get passed things that come up in my life. If you hold it in then eventually it will boil over and that is not production or healthy for our recovery.

Great post.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't think I will ever be able to stop drinking, can't even get a day lately
Old 07-31-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

Kaily
If you do want to quit, you have to change your mind. You literally have to start thinking that you can, and you should think that way, because you can.
Rootin for ya
Old 07-31-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I'm frustrated by feeling good one day and poopy the next,need constincey in sobriety, grrr!
Me too! Already fussing about going back to work tomorrow. Still have a lot to do today and feel like I'm moving under water. Every movement being met with great resistance and wearing me out. Having a hard time obsessing over bad things so I'm headed to the gym. Today is 46 or 47 too tired to count right now but I am happy about that!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
To stay sober you must want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I totally relate.

Until I had a reason to quit, I thought I was having a stroke, I didn't want to quit either.

Some folks get a dui, some get fired, some fall down, some scare their kids....whatever...it takes a scare to get started...that is when the anxiety kicks in...

Old 07-31-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't think I would be able to either.

I didn't want to change my life...it was the only life I remembered.

but I wanted change. Drinking was killing me.

I had to be prepared to make that scary leap of faith and believe people when they told me my life would be ok as a non drinker.

They were right, Kaily.

Sure it's hard initially, but really no harder than my old life.

If you think about it, drinking yourself into a stupor everyday is hard work....

I just had to learn to put my stubbornness,my bloody-mindedness, and my determination to the right ends.

I don;t believe you need an event to stop you drinking. It's a simple decision, backed up by a commitment to see things through.

No more.

D
Old 07-31-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Worked hard today. Wanted a cold beer.,tried Dee's sugestion of sparkling water. Stop my cravings and even made me belch just like beer😃😃😃 thanks Dee!
Old 07-31-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Kaily, many members here will not beat about the bush and tell you "if nothing changes nothing changes " . You need to change your mind set around drinking .
statements like "Idon't think I will ever be able to stop drinking" ARE NOT helpful to you . Try to change this to something like " I want to stop drinking " or " I know I can stop drinking and I will " .
You are here posting and reading so you know you want this and you CAN do it .
Old 07-31-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm frustrated by the general acceptance of alcohol. It's one of the first things you see upon walking into a grocery store, or turning on the TV, or flipping through a magazine. The jokes on facebook are amazingly frequent. Just this morning was one about how much whiskey you add to make mashed potatoes. ??? I posted one about how alcohol destroys and it got no likes, comments or shares. The problems that booze cause are swept under the rug and only the fun side is allowed to be shown or talked about.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Lynnmarie , It used to bother me too that everywhere I looked I saw things that were drink related . From TV ads to the smell walking past a pub to conversations at work to name a few . Someone told me this will never change , what needs to change is our way thinking about it , to accept we can't change "out there" to let it be without judgement . Obviously on a personal level help if we can but in general terms normal alcohol usage in society at large is too big for us to think we can change things .
Old 08-02-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I toyed with sobriety for years and half heartedly attempted to quit, deep down every time I knew that it was only a matter of time until I drank again.

This time though I know that I've beaten it.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wellllll im thinking lots about my sex life ( or lack of it) at the moment..... Lol
Old 08-02-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well I seem to have this drinking thing under control, the medication for my bipolar disorder seems to be working - but I am losing right now against my eating disorder. I almost never admit that out loud. Right now it's got me by the horns really bad. I'm pissed off at myself and the world.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yesterday and today were yucky days at work, dumb people, dirty people, rude people, some days I HATE cutting hair!! Love having a thread to rant on about it though
Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
I feel that way too. We can control our moods by flipping the switch and drinking and that's cool but it's not consistent really. You have to come down sometime and suffer the hangover etc