Notices

Get it off your chest

Old 08-02-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No gripes or complaints here. Just kidding, I'm bored in that I don't feel like I have things to look forward to. I'm almost 50. Divorced. Live alone. No bf or friends. Total loner. Which I usually prefer. I love my me time but just seems like I am missing out. Go to work. Come home. Eat watch tv and sleep.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Irnldy001 View Post
Well I seem to have this drinking thing under control, the medication for my bipolar disorder seems to be working - but I am losing right now against my eating disorder. I almost never admit that out loud. Right now it's got me by the horns really bad. I'm pissed off at myself and the world.
I feel ya hun!
Although my eating is much worse than my drinking. My everything is pretty unmanageable.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

With many of us and myself included I want instant gratification when it comes to things changing in my life. I know that is not the case and will never be. I have to work and restoring my family and rebuild myself. Just saying though being instantly gratified would be awesome
Old 08-02-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The housing market in my city is ridiculous...my job is hard...dating is tough...I have acne for some weird reason.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Close to 48 hours off the booze and finally slept for about two hours, though bad sleep with nightmares. Still feel like crap and pretty much stuck in bed. Just been binge reading this forum.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Hi Lynnmarie , It used to bother me too that everywhere I looked I saw things that were drink related . From TV ads to the smell walking past a pub to conversations at work to name a few . Someone told me this will never change , what needs to change is our way thinking about it , to accept we can't change "out there" to let it be without judgement . Obviously on a personal level help if we can but in general terms normal alcohol usage in society at large is too big for us to think we can change things .
Oh yes this. In the days I used to go pick up my wine and chat with the clerk, there was frequently an attractive girl or guy offering alcohol samples from a pretty festooned table. "like to try some" they'd purr. Ah, no. I don't fancy getting lit before I get into my car. "Oh we won't let THAT happen." Perhaps not, but I could like your sample, buy it, and drink it in my car because I have no impulse control and there is no cork in this. Sheesh!