Notices

What keeps me sober? Weekender July 29th Part 1

Old 07-28-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well I see my picture is sideways. Turn your head.
Cool, Mex. I'm excited to try it. It's nicer than the one I borrowed over the weekend.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home time
Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Old 07-28-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Cool epiphany Mesa!

And mex, my sobriety has no conditions on it either. I don't drink no matter what is going on around me or inside of me. Acceptance is huge! It's the only way to live a life of peace and contentment.
xo
Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

The reason I am here at SR and still sober really boils down to 1 word. Peace. I hope to never loose my seat on this bus! Happy Sober Weekend.. Great way to start us off, as always, Ken. Thank you!!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Back from the ortho and lunch. My teeth are looking great, she said. Won't be long before braces come off. I go back at the end of September.

Lunch was honey chicken and rice. Met my husband for lunch.

Katie didn't want to get out of bed this morning, and so I, of course, began to think of worst case scenarios... and not sure I told the Weekenders or not, but a couple months back we had to take her to the EmergiVet for tick symptoms. Put her on antibiotics and it cleared right up. Well, she stayed in her crate for a couple of hours which is unusual. I eventually coaxed her out and saw she was limping (they went out in the woods and stayed late last night) ... so I'm relieved it's not the ticks again. She is walking now and eating, so she'll be fine. She wolfed down a chicken leg quarter and is resting in her bed in my office. Lucy is taking full advantage of Katie's lethargy and is pushed up against my foot, snoring. Katie is the 'mama's dog' but whenever there's an opportunity, Lucy cuts in for that position.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I always think the worst when my dog doesn't spring right out of his crate in the morning. But I think he's just being lazy.

Glad Katie is OK.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yeah, well Katie-Bug and Lucy are the types to bark and wake me up at the crack of dawn, panting, tails wagging (butts wagging), and pouncing at me excitedly.

So when she just sits there ... it's like, uh... something is seriously wrong.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening friends
Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I want one of those pressure washers now.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

My weekend has started folks! No work for me tomorrow. The guano is hitting the fan in work so glad to be out of there for a few days.

We are going on a road trip to Mrs B home town for the weekend. Have a few outings planned.

Junior has teeth breaking through, is crawling backwards and forwards, and is discovering the range of his emotions. He is understandably a little on edge.

B
Old 07-28-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

the good news is I hustled to get the last wheelbarrow full of mulch out of the driveway and sweep up as it started raining... the bad news is I'm about 3 yards short on mulch... the better news is, I don't care - ain't gonna happen this year...

having an arnold palmer, then going back out in the rain and work on the upper section... as long as it isn't pouring, it feels good...
Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Nightcrawler season.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Interesting band, Behan. I'm reading about them now.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Behan, I can't watch the video but I'll go load it. Ok. I loaded it. I haven't heard that song in a while. Thanks. I was laughing at one of the comments on YouTube: "Lydon is far too pissed off to blink.Blinking is for the weak and unconcerned"

Don't blink. Don't even think about it. Blink, and you're dead. Of course, that is from Dr. Who, not this song.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This exact time last year, my Grandmother - my rock, my support, my strength and my guide - lay dying and I didn't even know it. That is the thing that angered me - and still does to this day - is my mother's eccentric family. (By 'eccentric' I mean completely odd. They make the Addams Family look good.) On July 28th 2015 she was rushed to hospital. That evening my aunt came back from visiting her and told me that she was completely on the mend. I went to bed safe in the knowledge that Granny would be home soon but it was not to be.
Which is why it was such a big shock to me when I woke up on 29th July 2015 to see that I had 2 missed calls from my mom. When she told me the news, I had to sit down on the floor. My dad told me later that they had been worried about telling me. Truthfully they pulled the same kind of stunt with my parents. My dad thinks they are so strange that they were just telling us Gran was ok to keep everyone away - something about the will - and going by the scenes afterwards, my dad is probably right unfortunately.

It's amazing what a year can do. As many of you know this time last year my life fell apart. I felt like I'd lost everything and that there was no way forward. I have so many degrees and qualifications and still couldn't get a job. Then one day, I remembered that I had something - my secretarial and computer training, and at the time it was just a small spark. Over the last year I have added fuel to that spark and now its a full, roaring fire. To say the last year has been incredible is an understatement. It has been full of ups and downs, but sometimes it takes a hard knock and alot of lows from the universe to set you back on track. Now here I am with a proper job and looking at a contract extension (fingers crossed!). If I can find a way to turn my life around, then anyone can. Find something you like or love, and go for it 100%.

I did find out that I got my job the day before what would have been my Grandmother's 91st birthday. I don't go to church every week but I do pray and I do believe that there is something bigger out there. I do believe that I will see her again.

I have accomplished what I set out to do this year. I have moved out of my parents house. The date I had set myself was 29th July 2016. My life is still very much a work in progress though. I have been feeling very low for the past few days. Truthfully I did consider buying a bottle of wine on my way home tonight, but I dismissed that idea. I'm having a cup of camomile tea instead. I will honour my guardian angel - the strongest person I knew - by staying sober.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

What is it with women and their pressure washers? Whenever we've got ours out, my wife insists on being the one to use it, and she proceeds to use it all day, on everything. I think she'd try it on the kids if she could get away with it!

We've got one of those big gas-powered monsters, too. Not sure about the PSI... think it's about a kajillion or so. Frikkin' powerful. Maybe that's what she likes so much about it. Maybe I should look into getting a Harley.

Last edited by U75; 07-28-2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

My condolences on one year for grandmother, Tetra.
Blow out the candle tonight in her honor.
Be well.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm a lady and I've never been infatuated with the pressure washer, lol. I let him do it.