Notices

What keeps me sober? Weekender July 29th Part 1

Old 07-28-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

And about that life is but a dream line I wrote....

Hum this and feel good all day, peoples. Xoxo

Old 07-28-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

So great to see new people on the bus! Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to those who have ridden before!
Old 07-28-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Sorta just plodding through, one foot in front of the other. White knuckling isn't a recommendation I'd make. But it works for a while. At least in the beginning.
I feel you, sister. Sometimes I feel like my teeth are clenched so tight and I'm all, "At. Least. I'm. Sober" in a super grim and gray way. It be like that sometimes. And it sucks. But for real, Ruby, at least you're sober. I admire you.

I wonder if anyone can cop me about an eighth of pink cloud. I need it. Just one little hit. I hear there's some real good pink cloud going around. Maybe on the West Side? I'll just buy a little, just to get me through. I just wanna see those rainbows and unicorns I saw the first time I had it. I won't buy anymore after today. LOOOOOOL

That's me hitting myself for being a doofus.

I just decided I can find a pink cloud moment if I go have a perfectly chilled and super high quality shrimp cocktail. I'd like some kind of mayo sauce, and a super horseradishy cocktail sauce. I'll put that on my list for adventures to have on my day off. Yum.

Ok I can't procrastinate anymore. I told my boss I'd go in late and stay to close bc I need to go get a copy of my sanitation cert. Really I just wanted to sleep in a little, but I am going to get the certificate. And I didn't get any extra sleep at all bc I stayed up late. Womp womp
Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Moment by moment. One moment at a time.

In.

Not cryptic at all. Not enough coffee - yet.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Moment by moment. One moment at a time.

In.

Not cryptic at all. Not enough coffee - yet.
Perfectly said. My program recently has been down to one minute at a time. It's just the way it is for me right now.

Bees, not booze.
xoxo
Old 07-28-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Right now is all we have.

oops. Now it's gone. It's right NOW.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Acceptance and honesty also very important in keeping me sober.
Being honest with myself.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm feeling so much better today than I have for a while. I haven't talked to handyman yet - but I think I feel better because no matter what, something is going to change. He texted me this morning that he got almost no sleep last night. I feel bad, but his reaction is his. All I did was say that we needed to talk.

Slow day at work today, and tomorrow I get to take the afternoon off to go pick my son up from camp. I haven't heard one word from him - he must be doing well. I can't wait to see him and hear all about it!
Old 07-28-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh, fercryinoutloudhandyman.

I feel bad for him, too.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Bees, not booze.
Speaking of, where's Bix?

It's sad Marty but, his emotions and reactions are his own. He seems like he needs to see a counselor before he gets into a relationship.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post

It's sad Marty but, his emotions and reactions are his own. He seems like he needs to see a counselor before he gets into a relationship.
Yes - I think so, too. I don't like feeling like I'm the only bright spot in his life. I could be wrong about that, but that's how it feels. What's ironic about this whole thing is that he's acting EXACTLY like I used to act in relationships. It makes me cringe. Now I know how the guys felt. I'm not like that anymore. But it's a recent development.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I don't feel sorry for handyman I feel sorry marty!!!!
That would drive me insane.

I'm in for the weekend.
I have so much work these next couple of days I don't even want to think about it.
I should actually already be there but I'm still in bed......

Talk later xo
Old 07-28-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I pm'd bix a while ago and never heard back
Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Marty one of my irish exes did that too- not to the extent of handyman.
But it was really a turn off.
I didn't want to have sex with him anymore after that, and he couldn't understand why.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Clingy = controlling in my experience. Such a turnoff besides being just plain annoying and stifling! I lived with a guy once who changed his entire work schedule so he could keep an eye on me (of course he didn't say that at the time, but I found out later that was his intent). He didn't even want me going to the store without him! Ugh! I feel bad for you too, Marty.

Such a nice quiet morning at work! No crazy ladies yippee!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

well now, good to see everyone coming on for the weekend... and was glad to see some very good posts in regard to Ken's opener... good stuff!

I already put in a solid 4 almost 5 hours outside, and I cut the grass, all of it, without stopping for the first time in a while. I usually take a break between sections - just do it is what I was thinking - 90 degrees and sweating like, like, ya know... built an extension on the upper part of yard area using 2X6 and moving retaining rocks, dug a couple trenches... and actually put in a deck board on the middle section that has been missing since 2001 when I built it... which reminds me, the drill is charging I need to screw it in - just a couple nails holding it in place...
after I finish this gatorade...
then it's move dirt, move dirt, move mulch, move dirt, move dirt, move stone - in that order... oh, and remove weedy dirt somewhere in there in between the move mulch and move more dirt part of the schedule... and dig up the iris, already dug out some to expand area that is to become a 'no plant zone' sitting area up top...

well, now I am sitting in a cold wet shirt...

then hopefully I can run the pressure washer for a couple hours...

which brings me to Brain's Tip Of The Day:
Especially for Marty...
When you need to pressure wash something and have other things to keep you busy, keep following the weather forecast. Then, the day before you are 'scheduled' to get a full day or two of rain - that's the time to pressure wash the deck, patio, siding or whatever. The rain acts as a free rinse down after you are done and gets rid of any residual 'gunk' created by the pressure washer...
Keep that tip handy you pressure washing animals...
Old 07-28-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Afternoon all.

A warm welcome to any new folks who are joining us this weekend.

B
Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

I promise to catch up but my arms are dead I'm struggling to type I'm on a short tea break then bk to being uncle sw

Thank you for another well written awesome intro Ken
Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks for the pressure washing tip, Brain!
No rain in the forecast for a while here, but imma pressure wash anyway, today after work. Because I can't wait to play with my new toy. It came yesterday in the middle of a gully-washer thunderstorm, so I had to content myself with gazing at it longingly. But it's all put together and ready to go.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

so the past week or so I'm listening to the 'oldies' station while I work outside.
Now when I was growing up, Tommy James And The Shondells were the oldies. But it's interesting that I heard four (4) Tommy James tunes covered by other 'artists' over the years that fall into the category of 'oldies'. Just play the originals once in a while - it's a ******* oldies station for kryse-ache.

Here's a good one nobody covered in the top 40 realm that I know of...