Notices

Mizz Days

Old 07-26-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mizz Days

Finished off day 2 with a series I have been watching on Netflix. I thought a lot yesterday about the anxiety that alcohol creates in my body. I knew this morning would be different. No anxiety and I have energy. When the anxiety is present, I truly think I am going mad. Its the worst.
Somehow I have allowed my alcohol consumption to get out of control in the form of 1 bottle of Chardonnay a day. This has taken place for close to a year now. Everyday I would tell myself that I would only drink part of the bottle, half of the bottle, save some for tomorrow. It was and is a loosing battle. The next morning the empty bottle was being thrown out, with all the rest, into the giant recycle bin that always seems filled with too many bottles. The sound of the bottles clanking together was unnerving. It has been unnerving. I have known and will always know what I am.

Today's plan of attack:
Run hard.
Work
Get to bed early.

Moving into day 3.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have got this mizz. I always hated taking the trash out of my apartment complex because I knew everyone could hear crunching cans. It was humiliating. Don't have to worry about when I go home though
Old 07-26-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Include SR on that list for a home run
Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Any way to get some f2f support too ?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mizz, I used to take them to a recycling dumpster rather than put them in my own recycle bins! Netflix is good. In the beginning, it's good to find things to take your mind off drinking. And going to bed early always helps. You can do this! If I can, you can!!!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Mizz,

Everyone's journey w booze is a bit diiferent. My anxiety stuck around for a long long time.

Still have some at over 14 months clean.

I keep posting and reading.

I changed my life style. Lots of exercise basically. I feel so much better. I am very strong compared to before.

Regarding f2f support. I go to an AA meeting sometimes. The last meeting confused me a bit....the topic of addict vs alcoholic came up. I Googled it today. it was not different.

At my meeting....The same people talk for the most part all the time. The talk is the same all the time....work the steps, work w your sponser...don't pick up...

So I go and listen, smile, nod, give a dollar. Go home. Read and post here.

That is why I love SR. I can talk here. I can journal away.

Not sure my AA group is going to accept me unless I reach out more...ask for a sponser etc...work the steps...so I will keep going when I can...it helps...

The main thing is.... don't drink and...... find contentment doing that..
Old 07-27-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are sober Mizz. It is good to see you posting. We can do this!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What netflix series Mizzuno?

Also wondered, was anxiety a problem before you drank or is it more a withdrawal/hangover issue?

Keep up the great work and congrats on day 3