Notices

Acceptance

Old 07-26-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Acceptance

I'm noodling about on the internet it's about midnight here and everyone's psosing on facebook etc.
We've al had a few beers right? what's wrong with that? except they don't know I've been drinking since 9.30 am to stop tthe heebie geebies!
Accept that! Well I haven't been drinking all day cos I had a nap this afternoon.
Probabky not the most helpful post but tomorrow I'll come up with something more useful. Moderation don't work that well for me -
I'm worried now this id=s my last beer
Old 07-26-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I'm noodling about on the internet it's about midnight here and everyone's psosing on facebook etc.
We've al had a few beers right? what's wrong with that? except they don't know I've been drinking since 9.30 am to stop tthe heebie geebies!
Accept that! Well I haven't been drinking all day cos I had a nap this afternoon.
Probabky not the most helpful post but tomorrow I'll come up with something more useful. Moderation don't work that well for me -
I'm worried now this id=s my last beer
How are you now? Are you someone trying to stop or just lonely and wanting to post.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I only drank beer. But I drank it almost everyday for fourteen years. I could never moderate. I am definitely an alcoholic. Hope you find the answers your looking for hendrix
Old 07-26-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hendrix.. you came here for a reason...which itself is a good thing. Just imo..if you are drinking all day and night, you have a problem. I used to justify, I only drink wine not liquor...24 hours a day. I figured if I tried vodka...I'd drink less...didn't work. So I tried beer...just needed more...didn't work. At the end, even though it was just wine, I couldn't go a few hours w out it. I also envied my friends who could unwind at the end of the week w a drink. They could have one...by the time they were going out for one, my second bottle was finished. So that, can never be me. If you do want to quit, read around this forum..lots of support and advice
Old 07-26-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I accepy I need to moderate - but stop forever????
I think if you haven't mastered moderation in the past ten years, you can't. Accept that. Acceptance that you can never drink comes next.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe I haven't accepted it yet, maybe I never will. But I have to close the door, lock the gate, build a fence. I can't drink in moderation thus I can't drink ever again. It's scary to come to terms with being an alcoholic, only a good friend knows. The more I accept it myself, and embrace that reality, the more everyone will know, drinking is off the table for me
Old 07-26-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
. Acceptance that you can never drink comes next.
That's what I was going to say - but got sidetracked :0 Dee's post - the sticky - words of wisdom!
I should probably go to bed now
Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recognising my AV

Sorry for the drunken drivel of last night. I'm deeply ashamed. Mods please feel free to delete or close this useless thread as you see fit.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hate it when I see apology threads/comments. Because- it makes me said for the apologist.

Not to be glib but you don't have to apologize if you don't do things you regret. For me, I did countless regrettable things when drinking. It sucked to have to or need to apologize (and many times I brushed the need to part aside by drinking even more to try to "forget."). Living with the need to only make amends for the "normal" wrongs of human imperfection is SO much better.

I hope you stop drinking and begin a new life. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't think an apology is really all that necessary. Get back on track and you'll soon feel better.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're back with us Hendrix

I know you must be embarrassed but we don't delete threads like this - and to be honest I think this thread has a message for you, and to others who may read it.

We've all been there - we understand

D
Old 07-27-2016, 09:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The cycle of drinking and regretting drinking only has one solution. Everyone is here to support you